shape
carat
color
clarity

Pet owners: Anyone used Liquid Bandage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
My cat has allergies, and will often get so itchy despite medications and topical treatments that she licks bare patches on her back and belly. Right now she has one on both of her hind legs at the hip joint and belly. We''ve got a cone on her, but being a cat, she still manages to contort herself so that she can get at the area. I swear she has sandpaper on her tongue, too, so it takes her no time to do damage. I use Neosporin and sometimes hydrocortisone ointment, which helps with the healing and (temporarily) the itching, but I was wondering if anyone has used the 3M Liquid Bandage spray or something similar to protect their pet''s wounds. She''s the sweetest and most docile cat ever, but she has us our wits end because I hate seeing her so uncomfortable.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Selkie- I''m not sure if this is helpful, but recently my cat had some irritated spots on his back- from licking and scratching. The vet said he thought it was an irritation from flea bites(because I don''t always put the medicine on in a timely manner). He gave the cat a steroid shot and the cat basically stopped for like almost a week, giving enough time for the cuts to heal and even let the hair grow back. It isn''t something I would want to do frequently but it worked for my cat.

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
I''ve never used it on my dog, but I did use it on myself and it REALLY stung the first few times I used it. Felt like there was a knife driving into the bone of my thumb where I used it. I used the generic CVS version, so maybe the 3M might be better, but I just wanted to share my experience. I can say that it was a great product and helped me heal quickly, but it was very uncomfortable the first 3-4 times I used it.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Selkie have you had your cat checked for mites? Our dog used to go through the same thing until the vets found out what it was but after the course of treatment it was all fine. They can be hard to find though and will not always be found on the first go.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
One of the meds she''s on is a steroid (Triamcinolone) and the other is an immunosuppressant (Cyclosporine). I take her to a veterinary dermatologist, and we''ve found that this combination is the best we can do for her. It means they have to monitor her bloodwork closely, but so far she''s fine. They check regularly for mites so we know it''s not that, and she''s flea-free, thank god. If you think it''s hard to be a person allergic to cats, try owning a cat who''s allergic to cats!
8.gif

SarFar, OUCH! That''s one of things I''m most worried about, whether it''s going to be painful. I guess they do make a pet version of the stuff, and it has a repellent flavor as well so they don''t lick. Oh, and I just checked, it''s actually alcohol free! I''m going to check at Petco today to see if they have it in-store.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh your poor little girl! I hope the liquid bandage works and she feels better soon! I actually just took my kitty to the vet last week because she was sick, and it turns out she has allergies, although luckily her symptoms are just sneezing and feeling sort of under the weather.

Anyways, tell your baby I hope she feels better soon!

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Poor baby! I can''t imagine how uncomfortable she must be. What a good mommy you are to take her to a kitty dermatologist! I didn''t know they have a pet version- I''m sure it''s probably a lot less sting-y.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Poor little bugger, I hate seeing animals uncomfortable
7.gif

Selkie I hope she feels better soon, sounds like your doing 110% to help her get better :).

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
Selkie- My dogs has anxiety issues and he rips out his hair causing little sores in his legs. I asked my vet if I could out liquid bandage on it before and he said no. He said it wasn''t good for pets. What I do is put neosporin and wrap his legs with sticky gauze so he can leave them alone. It seems to help a lot. Also they sell this thing at the vet called Dermapet and it is a solution that you can apply on it and it will disenfect and it causes scabing thats what I use on my dog as well. It helps out a lot and his hair grows back faster when I use it. Good luck.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Sam says thanks for your well wishes. I found the pet Liquid Bandage ($13 for 1 oz bottle-rip off!) and we''re testing it out. Seems to be fine so far.

IMG_0368_sm.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
In her spare time, Sam enjoys licking the inside of her cone and watching YouTube.

IMG_0602_sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results