shape
carat
color
clarity

Pet euthanasia; how to decide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Im super late to this but i just wanted to send *hugs* Im so sorry you are going through this
7.gif

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I know that I''m late to this thread as well, but I just feel that I have to post...

Steel, my heart goes out to you- truly. Two years ago, we had to put my little doggy to sleep. He was just shy of his 18th birthday...he had been in my life since I was 8 years old for almost 18 years, he really was like my little brother. Over the years, he had developed a few medical conditions that were manageable with daily medications. This was obviously expensive, but with the medications he had a wonderful quality of life so it was completely worth it. Eventually, as time went on, his conditions got worse (coupled with old age) and we began to realize that his quality of life was no longer there. He just seemed miserable day in and day out- it was devastatingly heartbreaking, but the thought of putting him to sleep was perhaps even more heartbreaking. Ultimately, we knew that it wasn''t fair to keep him alive for our sake when he was clearly suffering. It was one of the hardest things I''ve ever had to go through.

I know that you are troubled with this decision, but one thing I kept reminding myself when I went through it was how great it is that we are actually able to do this for our pets---that we can end their suffering when they are clearly in pain and misery. You need to look at it from the perspective that you aren''t simply ending her life---you are giving her peace.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results