shape
carat
color
clarity

personal wedding websites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
My friend is interested in setting up a website for her wedding, one with their story, ceremony/reception information, directions, pictures, etc. I did a websearch and there are so many websites out there that offer hosting & templates for wedding websites. Can someone give me some suggestions and some pros and cons for each? Thanks!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I found that both theknot.com and weddingchannel.com were WAY too simple for my needs. (hehe, "needs"
20.gif
) I now use weddingannouncer.com and I loooove it! It lets you choose from a long long list of section headings and each section is pre-formatted for adding pictures, captions, directions etc, plus you can delete any sections you don''t want and make up new ones that aren''t on the list! There a few minor details that bug me a little, but from my research, this was the best one for what I wanted that was still completely free!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
We are using wedquarters.com They were $25 for a year and if you want, you can have the website put on a DVD/CD for posterity''s sake (at an extra charge). Plus you can extend the time if you want for a little more money.

I couldn''t find any free ones that worked for me and $25 is not that much, so that''s the one I went with. They also have an RSVP function, which I really like.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I heard great things about www.weddingwindow.com I know quite a # of people who used it and were very happy with their services.

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2006 4:02:41 PM
Author: albicocca
I found that both theknot.com and weddingchannel.com were WAY too simple for my needs. (hehe, ''needs''
20.gif
) I now use weddingannouncer.com and I loooove it! It lets you choose from a long long list of section headings and each section is pre-formatted for adding pictures, captions, directions etc, plus you can delete any sections you don''t want and make up new ones that aren''t on the list! There a few minor details that bug me a little, but from my research, this was the best one for what I wanted that was still completely free!

I use wedding annoucer too! I love itttt!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I started setting up websites with both www.theknot.com and www.weddingchannel.com, but they were too simple and rigid for my "needs" as well. Yesterday morning, I did some Pricescope searches, found that some people recommended www.weddingannouncer.com, and started setting up a website there. I looove it so far. I''m having major problems tearing myself away from it.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I needed this thread about one week ago! I ended up doing a bunch of research, checking out some of the free/cheaper ones... and finally went with weddingwindow.com. It''s $79 for 12 months, but we figured that compared to all the other effort and cost going into this wedding, $79 is a bargain! We absolutely love the site (though I can''t give out the address quite yet cause it''s still a work in progress!) and how professional it looks. Really easy to figure out too! I did the free trials with a couple other places as well, and also liked www.wedorama.com, but they don''t offer a guestbook function so went with weddingwindow instead.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
I have shopped a round a lot too, I like www.eoccasions.com The templates are flash and really fun and modern, with lots of options, your own url, and only $59.99 a year. I like it better than the others because the designs aren''t the old generic html pages, and you can do a lot more to customize it to your own tastes, even add your own music and photo album.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Try free webs....it is free and you can have as many pages as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results