shape
carat
color
clarity

Personal Data & Online Wedding Planning Tools?

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I have been browsing the wedding planning tools (the guest list and seating chart apps) on weddingwire.com and theknot with the hope of getting more organized
9.gif
. The tools on these sites look helpful, but I have a few questions. :

1. The tools involve a lot of personally identifiable information (mailing addresses, family details)...what do these sites do with this data? By using these tools, am I signing up my friends to a plethora of mailing lists?
33.gif

2. Building on #1, how secure are these sites? I mean, I know that tons of people use these tools everyday, but I have to ask.

3. Does anyone have any experience with weddingwire, the knot or other sites (the good, the bad etc)? Any features that set one apart from the other. I read in an older post about theknot''s guest list manager being somewhat limited, but that was a while ago.

4. Or, does anyone have other software recs? BTW, I am not excel proficient.

Thank you!
AT

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
bump
1.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting questions. I hadn''t really given much thought to that. So far I''ve only put our address in the site. Other than that I''ve stuck to pretty generic information. (I got a stack of wedding related mail for a couple of weeks but since then it has really just been e-mails)

I am good with Excel (Word, PowerPoint, and the rest) so I think I''m going to stick to using that now that I think about your questions.

Other software (or reassurance about the sites) suggestions would be a help too...

Thanks for posting your concerns Anita and good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results