shape
carat
color
clarity

peroxide gets the diamond out of the dog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn''t drinking hydrogen peroxide toxic? I know there''s some "doctor" who claims that drinking diluted HP can cure all sorts of ailments. I think he''s in jail now because people were dying right and left. I don''t know if I''d want to give that to my dog if there were alternate methods of making him puke available. Funny story though.

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
you can''t even trust pitbulls with Diamionds
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thought of wearing the ring after it was in the dogs vomit makes my stomach turn ..... I have a really weak tummy!
1.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
You''re right it is toxic! I hope no one reads that article thinking, "oh I''ll just feed my puppy peroxide next time he swallows something." There must be some specific solution that vets use which is safe.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was bad, but my vet told me if the dog had eaten something bad and was obviously making him sick, that a little bit of HP would get it up and he''d be find. I have a good vet, too, could she be grossly misinformed?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many different strengths of peroxide, get the wrong one and it is too strong you could cause life threatening problems. Peroxide or anything else used as an emetic needs careful and preferably expert supervision and administration. I don't know how it works in the States, but anything stronger than 3% or 10 volumes is hard to get hold of and is normally used for medical or haircolouring purposes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually i have a friend who told me (i thought) that when she called the emergency hotline for her dog eating something it shouldn''t have they told her the same thing, peroxide. and it worked and the dog was fine.

not 1000% it was peroxide but that is what i recall so maybe the dog''s systems deal with it diffferently?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Yes, ladies, it''s true......peroxide is what a vet will tell you to use when you need to induce vomitting with your dog.

I found this out when my dog got into a bag of trash that had spoiled chicken in it. Not wanting her to get food poisoning, I phoned the vet and told him that my dog ingested it.

He told me to give her a teaspoon of HP; it would upset her stomach, and within 15 min or so, she would expel the food. Sure enough, he was right.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The household HP available to us in the stores is already quite dilute...somewhere on the order of 3% or so. (The super concentrated stuff we have in the lab is only 30%.)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info guys! The strongest I was ever able to use was 60 vol for hair, but that was never for use on the actual scalp and isn''t often used now from what I understand.

Out of interest, I don''t know if anyone has ever read James Herriot, the author of All Creatures Great and Small, about a vet in the Yorkshire Dales? I don''t know how much of this was fictional, but one of his patients - a little Fox Terrier, ate some poison in some porridge, James Herriot gave him some mustard to make him get rid of it
emotion-41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results