shape
carat
color
clarity

Perhaps our experts onboard should start charging people

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:10:08 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
pretty sad info there Zeiss
ditto

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
No!!! I hope they don''t ever charge!! How then would we be able to afford any jewelry! Ha!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
hmm... looking at it i just wanna say luckily i found PS... without the info and help i''ve received from everyone here i might''ve actually paid for their service if i''d stumbled upon their site first...

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Those people have no respect for their industry colleagues..., so how would one expect for them to respect or advice consumers???

http://www.ringtutor.com/diamond-faq/general/what-is-fracture-filling-and-do-i-have-to-worry-about-it-in.html
"...Although the GIA will not grade a fracture-filled diamond, diamonds are very often fracture filled after they have been certified by the GIA. In addition, fracture filling is very difficult to detect; therefore, many diamond dealers sell fracture-filled diamonds without even knowing themselves that the diamonds were treated."

Very often??? uhh?
38.gif

http://www.ringtutor.com/diamond-faq/general/does-the-typical-jewelry-storeowner-manager-or-sales-associa.html
"Does the typical jewelry storeowner, manager or sales associate have the technical knowledge needed to truly understand what they''re selling?
The majority of diamond dealers, jewelry storeowners, managers and salespeople are not gemologists and do not control the quality of their diamonds. They often pass enhanced or poorly cut diamonds onto consumers without themselves knowing why the prices are so low."

Because they are not gemologists???
38.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a bunch of hogwash.
29.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those of us who offer advice here are motivated by many personal reasons, but giving possibly biased or potentially incomplete advice under the guise of a money making service is not one of them. Reliance on lab reports as more than a screening tool is foolish and unprofessional. You cannot begin to compare which VS2 is better than another by virue of a report, or which diamond looks beter than another by a report. So how can the service offered be consistently valid?

I think I''ll keep on doing it the way we know works well.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/3/2009 6:30:28 AM
Author: DiaGem

Those people have no respect for their industry colleagues..., so how would one expect for them to respect or advice consumers???
DG, I''m still waiting for you to get stateside so I can take you on that tour of our bargain-basement and discount markets. If you think a webpage is bad, just wait until you hear the kind of things said to new shoppers face-to-face.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
The sad thing is this site is being recommended on other wedding sites I''ve been on. I feel bad for anyone that pays money for this service.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
As usual, all I can say is Thank Gawd for Pricescope!
36.gif
9.gif

I really feel very sorry for someone that may pay for this bad advice, and end up with a not so great ering because of it
7.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
That site makes us diamond novices appreciate all of you even more! It is truly invaluable to have such expert advice available.

I’ve been in the jewelry business for 9 years and I’m in awe of the value this site has. Many consumer-posters here are more up to date than the average jewelry pro. Now that I have stopped lurking this is a good opp to say thanks!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Maybe their "personal shoppers" are posting on PS as "newbies" looking for info to give their customers!
40.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:45:50 AM
Author: arjunajane
36.gif
9.gif

I really feel very sorry for someone that may pay for this bad advice, and end up with a not so great ering because of it
7.gif
Ditto!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 4:00:50 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 2/3/2009 10:45:50 AM

Author: arjunajane

36.gif
9.gif

7.gif
Ditto!

Thrittos!

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
"four toes"!...err...
let''s see; thrittos probably makes fourtos!...
1.gif

Oh what the heck...MEGA dittos to what has been said above....very unfortunate.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 5:13:04 PM
Author: Judah Gutwein
''four toes''!...err...
let''s see; thrittos probably makes fourtos!...
1.gif

Oh what the heck...MEGA dittos to what has been said above....very unfortunate.
LOL!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A fool and his money are soon parted...

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I charge a fee for my advice to my friends on another forum for helping them with their diamond education.

My fee is a picture of their purchase afterwards
2.gif

I have alot of happy pictures of lovely rings - often being worn by happy smiling couples. Makes all the wearing out of my keyboard worthwhile
9.gif

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh man, that''s rich! (get it?)

I guess shopping for diamond advice is a lot like shopping for a diamond, it''s a good idea to conduct a little due diligence prior to parting with your cash
2.gif

Okay so the new pricing structure for answering questions here on Price Scope as I understand it is:

FREE if you''ve asked a question that has been answered on the forum a zillion times before...

FREE if you''ve asked a question that nobody has asked before? Really? It''s a first?

And FREE if you ask a question and our answer prompts you to ask another question? So like the second, third and fourth questions get answered FREE as well? Seriously? What about the fifth?

But wait! Order in the next five minutes and receive this EXTRA BONUS... wait... wait for it... okay, ready?

Order in the next five minutes and we''ll GIVE YOU a USER PROFILE of your VERY OWN! Yes, that''s right. For FREE
23.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/3/2009 4:49:36 PM
Author: shannon_dimendSCAASI
I’ve been in the jewelry business for 9 years and I’m in awe of the value this site has. Many consumer-posters here are more up to date than the average jewelry pro. Now that I have stopped lurking this is a good opp to say thanks!
Welcome Shannon.

One thing that has been mooted by management around here is the idea to put together a pro training course for industry folk to learn what is really going on in the diamond and jewelry design world.
I am sure many of the consumers here could teach it!!!!

Hi Garry and thank you!! I really appreciate your HCA and IS. That and ASET make showing off cut performance so much easier.

I would love to see such a course for pros. You should get John Pollard to help teach it. He comes to our store to do training and makes it fun and understandable. John talks about what a valuable community this is and has encouraged us to post here for a long time. . .so I thank you for the welcome!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/6/2009 10:43:13 AM
Author: shannon_dimendSCAASI
Hi Garry and thank you!! I really appreciate your HCA and IS. That and ASET make showing off cut performance so much easier.

I would love to see such a course for pros. You should get John Pollard to help teach it. He comes to our store to do training and makes it fun and understandable. John talks about what a valuable community this is and has encouraged us to post here for a long time. . .so I thank you for the welcome!
Hey Shannon, if you''re saying nice things in hopes of free samples Paul still won''t allow me to give stuff away. ;-) Kind of you to say - and you''re the ones who make it fun. I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

PS: M''Lord...you had me there for a second.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting.

Hopefully their would-be customers will find their way to pricescope instead!
5.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:02:00 PM
Author: John Pollard
Paul still won''t allow me to give stuff away. ;-)

Darn, i wont bother coming down to London for Wimbledon now
11.gif

PS: M''Lord...you had me there for a second.

31.gif

i have quite a collection of pictures of rings containing Whiteflash and Infinity diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results