shape
carat
color
clarity

Perhaps I will buy some sparklies because of this--

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Things around work have been pretty heated for about 3 months(easily longer) and I kinda knew this was coming, but I didn''t really expect to be in this position.

My company is splitting in half. I am going with the half I "technically" work for and we are partnering with another agency that is similar to ours owned by an ex-mycompany partner, and it''s downtown in a pretty hip part of town (landing), a really nice freaking office(above the spaghetti factory) with a great view and WINDOWS...which is a big selling point. The part we are leaving behind also moves downtown in about a month to the new building we would all be in assuming this didn''t happen.

What should have been flattering and a great bartering tool turned out to be a really irritating and upsetting position to be in, kind of like a kid in the middle of a really bad divorce. In the end, it has been settled, at least the part involving me and my equipment anyway, and I got a nice raise, some pretty nice perks, and it felt pretty cool to have two people fighting over me this way even if it was really a battlezone. I also have the benefit of 1) being in charge of the print graphics and radio and tv production end of things, 2)a lot more to do during the day (finally) and 3) having backup designers in case I am sick and for when I go on vacation, a luxury I don''t have right now.

Pretty wild, huh?!

I might hafta buy me somethin nice. After I pay Mr. Visa.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh, this definitely calls for a "Celebrate Your Fabulousness" present!
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
3.gif

Congrats--I am glad things worked out for you, especially in these tumultuous times.
1.gif

ETA: I had a good review and my "present" arrives on Saturday.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame, good job!! Time to celebrate with some sparklies!! You deserve it. How is everything going with the eternity band, did you get it back yet??
Jennifer, what are you getting?? Congrats on your review!!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ame: NICE!!! Yeah, I would definitely be celebrating by purchasing a nice little sparkly gift!!
9.gif
Let us know what you decide on!

Jennifer: Just curious, how many diamonds do you buy a year?!! You are soooooo lucky, I envy you!! Post pics of course
36.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I''m finishing up a project, and I''m definitely considering "rewarding" myself....GO FOR IT!!!!!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding band should be done any day now. Im excited but now I want that cleaning kit I ordered more than anything because my anal retentive cleaning spree cannot continue without it. haha! I got rid of my Jar last night because it was just gross. I kept the brush though. I wanted to buy some diamond studs for myself but I think that is my birthday/wedding gift from Ryan so I don''t wanna steal the thunder. I want a nice purse, but I GOTTA pay off the visa and pay for the invite envelopes. haha.

Jennifer what are you getting!!!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I bet you are in St. Louis! Go for it, and reward yourself. A nice diamond bracelet sounds like an idea to me...
36.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Ame,

When did you order your kit? Mine came today and I ordered it 2 days ago.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame and Lori
What exactly comes in the kit?? I have a jewelry cleaning spray that I love just curious as to what else is out there.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
In all seriousness, I really believe in celebrating the little--and big--things in life and treating yourself well. It doesn''t have to be a big-ticket jewelry item either...Years ago, A Big Mac meal was my reward when I was really broke, or maybe dinner out. A pedicure, massage or day off at the beach....And yes, now, thanks to good fortune and hard work, a RHR here and there.
2.gif

Life is short (and unpredictable). Celebrate!
9.gif

So ame, what''s it gonna be for you????
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Good lucky with the new job Ame and congratulations!

I say pay off Mr. Visa and then wait to see what kind of gift you get from Ryan before you decide on something new.

The thought of you having more sparklies makes me a bit nervous. I mean...there are only so many hours in the day for inspecting stones for chips!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha! And rightfully so ;-) I am neurotic enough now.

I have to buy a veil and brooch so I think that''s a splurge, and doing my roots is as well. I might do the manicure thing, I never do anything nail like anymore. I have man hands so bad lately. BEsides that, Mr Visa is really hefty. I have charged so much.

I am in St. Louis, as is Patty and Lori and I figure several others ;-) This drive is going to be so much better than my current one, which is better than comingfrom my parent''s. Because god is 270 crappy.

Lori--
I ordered it last weekend but I told them not to ship it till they shipped the ring because I didn''t feel it was worth two different shipping costs to do it.

It comes with spray and a cloth and a case and some brushes. Little brushes. And from what I hear, it''s well worth it.

TOday was a bear. THis whole week has been. It''s really tense and VERY heated. And I have worked 7am to 9pm every day and still have a TON to do tomorrow for all the stuff goign on Friday, and I still have a ton to pack up. In between rounds of a ton of work, I was packing stuff. I have a small apartment going on there and enough food to feed myself for at least 2 weeks. Jeez. haha There is a MAJOR battle going on for the computer equipment and files. They are ours and we are taking them but for some reason the other guy doesn''t want us to. It''s ridiculous. I haven''t been involved in divorces but Ill tell you this, if it''s anything like right now, Ill never divorce.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
UPDATE:

Finally, Im out of there.

It was just a nasty week. Yesterday and Today were as bad as can be. They didn''t want us taking our files, computer files, not paper. Even though we own them, they didn''t feel we should have them so they were fighting like hell. We had to make sure we got my computer and monitor too, that was a nightmare.

I tried to be cool to the other boss I was leaving and I got him a card and a 12pk of Diet Coke--kind of a running gag--he didn''t even thank me, threw the cuddling card out and drank the soda as though he brought it. He barely spoke to me other than when I was moving my files off the other computer and moving their files onto that other computer. Just a file swap. He acted like I''d steal some file Im not supposed to have, as though that file would make a difference in my job now. I couldn''t believe the hostility towards me. And when we went to lunch (me and my 2 coworkers now) they changed all the network passwords and building codes so we had to call to get in, and Im glad my computer was all shut down. Jesus.

Amicable split my ass.

So after all that, we got to the new office around 5, moved all our stuff into the office and into our temporary cubes (I have a view!) till we figure out how we want to do our space up. They planned for us to have a separate entrance, which rocks. I cannot wait to get all settled in. We spent 3 hours unpacking our stuff into the cubes because we figure that change for our space isn''t going to be quick. I have a ton going on next week too...but that''s a good thing. And the bonus that made me more than glad I left: We got there to find a card signed by everyone there, a box of fantastic candies, and all our insurance and direct deposit and parking pass paperwork and a handwritten letter from the other partner on each of our desks. Man that was nice.

Im excited now that the major frustration has passed. I had two huge pitches this week, by myself, and on top of the 14 and 15 hour days all week I got all kinds of crap slung at me...the other group would alternate who would stay late so that I wouldn''t "steal something". I outlasted each of them every night. And I took all I was supposed to. And nothing more. I love the trust.

Free at last.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results