shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfect Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PerfectEngagement

Rough_Rock
Good evening, I think I''ve decided how I am going to propose to the most fabulous woman on this earth. I have a plan, but I wanted to get some thoughts on what others thought and if there''s any issues with my proposal idea or any suggestions. I am going to be vague a little bit, just in case one of her friends is posting and figures it out.

Here''s the background: My GF (let''s call her M) and I have been dating for 3+ years. I''ve known for sometime that she was the one, but have been saving enough money to get her the perfect engagement ring.......one that she will keep and treasure for 50+ years. Well, I picked up the ring last Friday night so we are all good to go. M is a simple, smart, compassionate, yet eccletic girl. She''s a super sweet woman who''s told me she really wants to be in a private setting when the proposal occurs and she wants to be surprised. I''m also trying to keep this as secretive to her friends as I am to her (though they all know it''s inevitable).

Well, here''s my attempt.......M is going to a big city for a conference with work (approximately 4.5 hours from home). She is planned to be gone for over a week. In the mean time, I will be back home. Towards the end of the conference, I am planning to go to the city. After her day is over on the last day, I am planning for her to go back to her hotel to relax, workout, whatever. After she does that, I am assuming she will get ready for dinner that night. I, too, have reserved a separate room in the same hotel and will get it for a different floor and arrive before she gets back to the hotel. The hotel is a high-end hotel (4 stars), and one that I (being a simple guy) would usually never want to pay that much for. It overlooks the city or the water, whichever side you get.

After M has come back to the hotel, she will likely either go work out or relax or whatever. Her boss (who is also in the same hotel & is also in on the plan), is going to call M and ask for her help to get some boxes ready for their trip home or something. So M will head to her boss''s room. In the mean time, her boss will call me and make me aware. She will knock on the door. Instead of her boss, opening the door, it will be me opening the door. I will open the door to a hotel suite, invite her in. The room will be adorned with candles (is that allowed in a hotel?), rose petals, fresh cut flowers, and champagne. I will say something (haven''t prepared that), get on one knee, and ask her to marry me. After she says yes, I have brought her additional clothes, toiletries, jewelry, shoes for her to wear to a nicer dinner than she was expecting. We will spend the evening at a romantic restaurant. The next day I have asked her boss to allow her to take off. The rest of the day we are going to enjoy and relax. I''ve also, if she wants, rented the room for one more day. This will allow us to leave over the weekend and travel back home (she will travel with me). We do have two days to go visit her parents and family if she wants before Monday.

What do you think of the proposal?

My only worry is that M will not be as dressed up as she would like to be for her proposal. Do you think this is a big deal? She wants to look nice.

Any suggestions on improvements?
Any things that I should make sure not to forget?

Thanks for your help.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I think your plan is great!!! So is her boss going to pretend to be staying in the room you are decorating when it''s actually your room?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
*sigh* so its not about me
3.gif

don''t sweat the small stuff about what she is wearing while you propose. the whole thing sounds very romantic!

PerfectEngagement

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments!

Yes, my boss will be in a different room. I will have my own room that I will prepare all of this stuff. I will try to get a room on the same floor as her boss. And boss will give her a call and tell her my room number instead of his.

Jcarlylew - I''m not personally concerned with what she''s wearing--heck it wouldn''t matter to me if she just woke up in her pajamas, but she just wants to look ''pretty'' when it happens. My concern is that her boss will call her when she gets back from working out and instead of cleaning up, she''ll just come straight there.
Maybe I need to interject that her boss tell her that she can do it after she gets ready or something, so atleast she is in jeans.

Any other suggestions.

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
I think this is a wonderful idea. I like how you will propose before dinner so you can enjoy the romantic night together at the restaurant and also have the next day together. I think that''s perfect. About what she is wearing ... maybe you shouldnt have her boss ask her to come over to help with boxes ... she might just put on some sweats if she thinks she''s doing manual labor ... maybe it should be an excuse about going over some stuff with her so there''s a better chance she won''t come over in her comfy pajamas
1.gif

PerfectEngagement

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:02:57 PM
Author: Ashley21
I think this is a wonderful idea. I like how you will propose before dinner so you can enjoy the romantic night together at the restaurant and also have the next day together. I think that''s perfect. About what she is wearing ... maybe you shouldnt have her boss ask her to come over to help with boxes ... she might just put on some sweats if she thinks she''s doing manual labor ... maybe it should be an excuse about going over some stuff with her so there''s a better chance she won''t come over in her comfy pajamas
1.gif
Thanks ashley21. I think i will ask her boss to slant it a little bit like you suggest.

Does anyone know if you can light candles in a hotel room? i was hoping to light a bunch of them, but the more I think about it, it might be a bad idea. Thoughts?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
you''ll have to check with the hotel for that. Small tea candles in holders i would think are okay, but again ask. you can always dim the lights and get plug in "candles" that flicker.

for the clothes - is it possible to just ask right after the conference? have the boss hand her some "things" that need to go back to his room, and there you will be?

or why not say the boss wants to meet for cocktails, and to have her meet him at his place since he will be on a conf call (that way she will be all made up).

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, what a wonderful idea! As a businesswoman myself waiting to be engaged, I would LOVE this!

As for the candles, call me a bit rebellious but, what they don''t know won''t hurt them! In other words, bring some little tea light candles, light those babies up, make sure you blow them out, and no one will be the wiser :)

PLEASE come back and tell us how this plan goes! I think its an awesome plan!

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
I love this idea! Maybe instead of moving boxes, her boss can tell her he is taking her to dinner for making the trip, etc. This way she will be dressed-up a bit:)!

Good Luck!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Love the idea... sooo sweet!

I agree with the others, maybe have the boss give a different reason for her to come up to the room.
Don''t know what kind of business she''s in, but maybe bossman can say he wants her to meet a new important client/business associate... then she''ll find out it''s you! And she wouldn''t be dressed inappropriately!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great idea! Best of luck with it!

lexychoo

Rough_Rock
It sounds amazing! I''m eager to know how it turns out.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the others - this sounds so incredibly sweet and lovely - can''t wait to hear how it works out!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what happened???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results