shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfect Carat Size for a Round Brilliant?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
For me it is more occasion dependent. My currently favorite erring is 0.53. But I stand in front of the closet every day holding jewelry in front of my outfit to figure out what to wear. I tend to only wear my 1 or 2 cts diamonds when I’m wearing long sleeves.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
My forever perfect carat size would be in the range of 3.5 closer to 4 carat range for a RB. F colour and at least VS1+.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the setting...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.5 ct Octavia asscher is the perfect face up appearance for me.
Asschers face up smaller than rounds of the same weight.
Therefore 1.2 ct would probably be a good weight for me in a round.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
It depends. On lifestyle, job, fingersize, place you live, even on the day. I wear a 2ct (3ctw if sides are counted) most days, but where I live it‘s very unusual and it feels a bit much, really.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
For me it is more occasion dependent. My currently favorite erring is 0.53. But I stand in front of the closet every day holding jewelry in front of my outfit to figure out what to wear. I tend to only wear my 1 or 2 cts diamonds when I’m wearing long sleeves.

Oh yeah, occasion definitely dictates it for me as well.

rogue

Shiny_Rock
How long did you wear the 3 carat before deciding it was too big? I just upgraded to a 4.6 and DSS has already sunk in and it looks like 2.5 most days. I could probably go to 6 without batting an eye.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think upgrades require some adjustment time. My original e-ring was 1 ct, and that was about as large as anyone my age had at the time. I wore it for many years before my husband said I could get a new ring for an anniversary after I mentioned the idea of resetting the first one into a three stone ring. I then got a 1.6 ct which seemed huge, but I gradually got used to it. A few years later I got a 2.3 ct stone which also seemed huge and I was a little embarrassed to wear it at first. After almost 8 years, I'd be happy to go to the high 2 ct range. I don't think I could go above three carats in a round without feeling a little too outside my normal circles. However, I'd take a 4 ct emerald cut today. I love emerald cuts the most for 4+ cts.

In your case, there isn't that much difference in a 2.8 and 3 ct. I'd go ahead and get the 3 ct while you can!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I currently have a 2.5 ct and I'm a 4.5 ring size. If I had all the money in the world, I'd like a 3 ct with the same specs as my current diamond. For me, above 3 ct would be just too big in a MRB.

Like others have said though, I could definitely do larger than 3 ct in a different shape such as an EC.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
There's no objective perfect size, it's totally subjective, whatever suits you best. There's the most common or popular size range, but if you're asking about small differences like whether 2.5 or 2.75 or 3 is perfect, that's even harder to answer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results