color
clarity

People you just don't like

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1340833124|3224665 said:
kenny|1340815251|3224443 said:
I know what you mean about the chemistry.
I think it's okay to just not like someone, even when you are not sure why.
Who made up a rule we have to like everyone, anyway?
Exactly.
I think it's good to be courteous to everyone, even people we dislike. But beyond that, you certainly don't have to like them or be friends with them. I remain polite or at least civil with people I don't like, but that's about it.

I totally agree.
I'll still smile, wave, and say good morning to these two people but then I excuse myself.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Avoid would be a better description, as in the Penelope's of the world. Male and female.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ones I really don't like are the ones that are super nice and super successful and super pretty and super talented... you can't even properly begrudge them!
I think everyone should have at least one dislikeable quality to be likeable.
:rodent:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1340836114|3224701 said:
The ones I really don't like are the ones that are super nice and super successful and super pretty and super talented... you can't even properly begrudge them!
I agree! These might be the people I love to dislike the most. :cheeky:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Pest People?

Oh, y-e-a-h.

I avoid them. Sometimes that takes a bit of rudeness, but the alternative is worse. You never want to encourage them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who go door to door because what you believe, or not, could not possibly be as groovy as what they believe.
How arrogant and disrespectful of diversity.

To them it is not okay that people vary.
They will work till everyone is just like them. :knockout:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1340841715|3224775 said:
People who go door to door because what you believe, or not, could not possibly be as groovy as what they believe.
How arrogant and disrespectful of diversity.

To them it is not okay that people vary.
They will work till everyone is just like them. :knockout:

I was in a mood one day when two young men came to my door. I took one look at them, knowing what they wanted, and said, "You don't even want to KNOW what I think of ____________!" And shut the door. A bit too loudly.

I'm not proud of that. But door to door hocking of one's religion has little effect on the 'lost', and it annoys nearly everyone. I'm also not fond of people who stand in parking lots to hand out tracts.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a women at my kids school that is a know -it -all. Cant stand her. She feels the need to tell you how to do things when its none of her business. Boy does she get on my nerves!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a VERY outgoing and social person (as the PSers who know me IRL will attest too -- right Gypsy?! :bigsmile: ) and will have a conversation with damn near anyone about anything. B...U...T... there is this woman who lived across from me in my townhouse in Chicago and she was just a PITA. Seriously.

One time she heard that I was going to South America by myself to just tool around for a while (how she learned this, I have no idea). Somehow she weasled my cell phone number out of the HH (he wasn't so good at escaping her evil clutches) and called to say that she wanted to be *just like me.* Yanno--the kind of person who would hop on a plane to a foreign country and gad about by oneself. The punchline was that she had found a cruise to the Netherlands that she wanted to go on--AND SHE WANTED ME TO GO WITH HER. Um... the point of being the kind of person who goes places by yourself... to to go somewhere... BY YOURSELF. She was SO PISSED OFF that I wouldn't go with her. Oy.

And a few weeks ago I had a going away party in honor of my move to Kansas City. I got a bunch of balloons to tie on my front bannister to make it easy for the guests to find my house. I had a blue baloon, a pink one, a purple one, and a green one. As I was out tying them to the mailbox she came rushing out her front door and screamed: "Did you have a baby?!?'' WHAT THE FVCK? A *BABY*? I know I've put on a couple of pounds lately, but A BABY??? And there were four baloons. Maybe she thought I had a boy, a girl, a... what? what is purple? maybe a puppy? and a damn martian, as evidenced by the green one.

Sorry for the novella here, but I got a little carried away! As you can tell, yes, she ANNOYS me!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I find something likeable about most people, but there is ONE type of person whom I've always disliked: Brown-nosers. I've had 2 co-workers who are SO sweet, and SO thoughtful when they are in the presence upper management or people of authority. They treat the rest of the coworkers like they don't exist.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes and avoid them like the plague. I have less tolerance now than before. So I just stay away. I can't fake it. I don't even try.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
It seems like this thread is discussing two types of people -- people you don't like because of their behavior and people you just don't click with for some reason.

I have both.

There are people I think have any number of qualities that I find unlikable -- competitive, smarmy, rude, whatever. Then there are those who are perfectly nice, who don't do anything wrong, who may be interesting in some way, but with whom I can't get through more than few minutes of conversation without excusing myself to go file my nails. Those people are harder in a way. When you do something that makes me not like you, fine, but to just not really like you for no good reason? That always makes me feel like such a bad person! :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have taken a spite against a whole lot of people in my lifetime. Some of them became good friends or trusted colleagues in the longer term. I'm clearly a terrible judge of character. :bigsmile:

What I really can't click with is vanity and self importance (I've often found the two to be closely linked).

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1340836114|3224701 said:
This is my cousin! She's amazing, she's in a top job in her field, she's beautiful, funny, fun to be with and there is just no reason not to love her. I totally wish there was! I can't begin to dislike her because she's just fabulous, but on paper, I could hate her. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care for people who are arrogant and people who are hypocrites. I also dislike nosy people, negative people and bigots. I agree with gem anemone's sentiments 100%.

There really is no one I dislike for no good reason because I can always find a reason. :cheeky:
Though I can usually find something I like about almost everyone. But there are a few people for whom there seem to be no redeeming qualities. :((

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
jaysonsmom|1340845760|3224831 said:
I find something likeable about most people, but there is ONE type of person whom I've always disliked: Brown-nosers. I've had 2 co-workers who are SO sweet, and SO thoughtful when they are in the presence upper management or people of authority. They treat the rest of the coworkers like they don't exist.

This. Every.Single.Day. Why can't management see through them?? Ugh.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
People with a sense of superiority. I'm so thick it's usually only later on I detect it. Oh right, they were making a point about how great they were by telling me how clever their friends were. The idea of having agendas when you speak to people rather than finding common ground in which to connect with someone is very negative.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes... and I try and stay away....

What I am finding now that my DD is a teenager is there are kids I don't like :-o and I really want to teach my daughter how to "avoid the drama".... I think this is a skill you gain as you age..she hasn't figured it out yet.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I avoid my SIL like the plague. The whole family does (except my brother, lol). Complain, bitch, moan, self-pity out the wazooooo. For instance, her life was so burdened, with 3 kids -- after years of hearing how haaaard she worked because of them I finally snapped, "Nobody forced you to have them. You did have a choice." She couldn't, for once, come up with an answer. (Her children avoid her too.) Everything is about her. People like that make me want to strangle them.

Our next-door neighbor is also a complainer, nothing ever is right for him. He goes on dating sites & is always mad that the women don't want to see him again after one meeting. I want to say, "Ya think?" DH & I get off some good jokes about him; it's more fun than hating him.

What I do hate is hypocrites. Can NOT stand that. Won't be pleasant.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
by gem_anemone » June 27th, 2012, 11:33 am
"I cannot deal with overly emotional, clingy, depressed, woe-is-me types. I get annoyed by preachy people. I dislike people with entitlement issues and people who do things JUST for attention. I despise hypocrites and manipulators. I refuse to associate with narcissists, chauvinists, racists, and bigots."

This describes about 3/4 of the population . . .

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Person24|1340930027|3225600 said:
by gem_anemone » June 27th, 2012, 11:33 am
"I cannot deal with overly emotional, clingy, depressed, woe-is-me types. I get annoyed by preachy people. I dislike people with entitlement issues and people who do things JUST for attention. I despise hypocrites and manipulators. I refuse to associate with narcissists, chauvinists, racists, and bigots."

This describes about 3/4 of the population . . .

I guess I just don't like very many people then.. :devil:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1340845251|3224821 said:
I am a VERY outgoing and social person (as the PSers who know me IRL will attest too -- right Gypsy?! :bigsmile: ) and will have a conversation with damn near anyone about anything. B...U...T... there is this woman who lived across from me in my townhouse in Chicago and she was just a PITA. Seriously.

One time she heard that I was going to South America by myself to just tool around for a while (how she learned this, I have no idea). Somehow she weasled my cell phone number out of the HH (he wasn't so good at escaping her evil clutches) and called to say that she wanted to be *just like me.* Yanno--the kind of person who would hop on a plane to a foreign country and gad about by oneself. The punchline was that she had found a cruise to the Netherlands that she wanted to go on--AND SHE WANTED ME TO GO WITH HER. Um... the point of being the kind of person who goes places by yourself... to to go somewhere... BY YOURSELF. She was SO PISSED OFF that I wouldn't go with her. Oy.

And a few weeks ago I had a going away party in honor of my move to Kansas City. I got a bunch of balloons to tie on my front bannister to make it easy for the guests to find my house. I had a blue baloon, a pink one, a purple one, and a green one. As I was out tying them to the mailbox she came rushing out her front door and screamed: "Did you have a baby?!?'' WHAT THE FVCK? A *BABY*? I know I've put on a couple of pounds lately, but A BABY??? And there were four baloons. Maybe she thought I had a boy, a girl, a... what? what is purple? maybe a puppy? and a damn martian, as evidenced by the green one.Sorry for the novella here, but I got a little carried away! As you can tell, yes, she ANNOYS me!

Hahahaha, you crack me up Deejay!! I wish you weren't leaving Chicago until the end of year so I could have lunch with you!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1340845251|3224821 said:

And a few weeks ago I had a going away party in honor of my move to Kansas City. I got a bunch of balloons to tie on my front bannister to make it easy for the guests to find my house. I had a blue baloon, a pink one, a purple one, and a green one. As I was out tying them to the mailbox she came rushing out her front door and screamed: "Did you have a baby?!?'' WHAT THE FVCK? A *BABY*? I know I've put on a couple of pounds lately, but A BABY??? And there were four baloons. Maybe she thought I had a boy, a girl, a... what? what is purple? maybe a puppy? and a damn martian, as evidenced by the green one.Sorry for the novella here, but I got a little carried away! As you can tell, yes, she ANNOYS me!

Hahahaha, you crack me up Deejay!! I wish you weren't leaving Chicago until the end of year so I could have lunch with you!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
GAH! Why can't I delete my double post? Grrrrrrrrrr.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results