shape
carat
color
clarity

People are strange

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People are strange. At my over half decade on this earth I am still amazed at the weird and just SMH behavior exhibited by some.

Care to share any examples of strange behavior you have experienced in your life?

calvinandhobbeslaughingatthingsthatdontmakesense.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ Missy, I think you meant century not decade, LOL.

I so agree with you. People are odd. Not sure I can come up with an example but I often think about this.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I work in customer service. Why some people gotta treat me like a servant?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I work in customer service. Why some people gotta treat me like a servant?

Ive been looked at like dog poo on the bottom of a shoe
why are people mean to each other ?
why can't we all be happy for the good fortune of others ?

Why has politics got so down right nasty on both sides ?
When someone is being friendly why be bitchy in return ?
Why put down and belittle others to make oneself tall ?
these are all strange to me

Manners - where have manners gone ?
why have an argument and go back over the same uncommon ground instead of finding things to agree on ?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree with you @missy I wish I'd kept a journal when I was teaching and of course you know I could write a novel about some of my employees.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I read the title of this thread, naturally this song came to mind!
1578977744212.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ Missy, I think you meant century not decade, LOL.

I so agree with you. People are odd. Not sure I can come up with an example but I often think about this.

To be fair to Missy - I HAVE always thought she was at least 5 years old!

Hahaha well, my mom and my dh might agree with the half decade remark (cause I still act like a kid and not always in a good way) :lol:
but you are correct @luv2sparkle I meant over a half century old. Man that is OLD. :geek:

When I read the title of this thread, naturally this song came to mind!
1578977744212.png

Yasss! The song I had in my mind too as I was posting this thread. People *are* strange. And that isn't always a negative thing. But when I posted this thread it was the negative strange I had in mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree with you @missy I wish I'd kept a journal when I was teaching and of course you know I could write a novel about some of my employees.

Oh, I know you could @marcy! LOL in fact I am sure you have many more strange behavior stories to share than I ever could ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive been looked at like dog poo on the bottom of a shoe
why are people mean to each other ?
why can't we all be happy for the good fortune of others ?

Why has politics got so down right nasty on both sides ?
When someone is being friendly why be bitchy in return ?
Why put down and belittle others to make oneself tall ?
these are all strange to me

Manners - where have manners gone ?
why have an argument and go back over the same uncommon ground instead of finding things to agree on ?

Yup, where indeed. :/

As for your other questions I think it comes down to pettiness and jealousy for those who cannot be happy for the good fortune of others. And for those who belittle others it comes down to (IMO) them not being happy individuals. Not happy with their lives so they want everyone else to be miserable. Happy people don't act like that.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
That's just rude. Plain rude. :nono:

You know, it says a lot about that persons character and what they believe. How you treat people providing service for you. I think it touches on prejudice and the reasons and roots of it. That need to feel superior and have dominance over someone based on a belief that they are lesser than. Perhaps I’m wrong, but I feel what I feel.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, it says a lot about that persons character and what they believe. How you treat people providing service for you. I think it touches on prejudice and the reasons and roots of it. That need to feel superior and have dominance over someone based on a belief that they are lesser than. Perhaps I’m wrong, but I feel what I feel.

I agree. It speaks volumes about one's character and moral compass. If someone treats a waitstaff person for example, in a non respectful manner I will no longer associate with that person. That tells me a lot about who that person is.

A few principles I adhere to in life.

Treat everyone with kindness not because they are kind hearted necessarily but because you are.
Treat everyone with dignity.
Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up.
You don't make yourself look big by making others look small. Quite the opposite.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About a year ago I was at Trader Joe's with my parrot Bibi on my shoulder.
As often happens a man, intrigued, came up to see the bird.
Bibi, being a very friendly guy even with new people, was happy to go to his shoulder to give kisses and nibble on his hair.

The man broke out in a dance, bending his knees deeply to bob up and down while swaying side to side and, singing the words, "Birdie Birdie! ... Birdie Birdie!" over and over.

It was hilarious and drew lots of attention.
He wasn't drunk or crazy, just a very friendly and uninhibited bird lover.

Bibi must have liked it because from that day he's been saying, Birdie Birdie!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
About a year ago I was at Trader Joe's with my parrot Bibi on my shoulder.
As often happens a man, intrigued, came up to see the bird.
Bibi, being a very friendly guy even with new people, was happy to go to his shoulder to give kisses and nibble on his hair.

The man broke out in a dance, bending his knees deeply to bob up and down while swaying side to side and, singing the words, "Birdie Birdie! ... Birdie Birdie!" over and over.

It was hilarious and drew lots of attention.
He wasn't drunk or crazy, just a very friendly and uninhibited bird lover.

Bibi must have liked it because from that day he's been saying, Birdie Birdie!

Animals know
they see the real person.from the inside

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results