shape
carat
color
clarity

peony question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
Are peonies still in season toward the end of June?

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I am using them for my wedding in two weeks and they told me that I would be getting one of the seasons first shipments. I know they are only in season for a month or two but I think you should be fine at the end of June.

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lauren. I''m meeting with the florist today so I''m trying to go in with some ideas. Are you using peonies in your bouquet. If so what other flowers are you putting with it. Thanks so much
face1.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I''m fairly certain they are.

I''m not totally up on my flower names, but I believe David Austin roses (or English roses) might be a close alternative with a longer blooming season. I''ve heard they''re quite thorny, and certainly not a cheaper alternative, but they''ve got a very similar look, if that''s what you have your heart set on (peonies are my favorite flower, btw).

http://www.davidaustinroses.com/american/Advanced.asp?PageId=2062

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
David Austins roses are fabulous and smell amazing, but other than 4 particular ones, they have a very short vase life - out of water they will definitely droop by the end of the day.

The 4 grown for cutting are lovely, but they are pinks and a buttermilk colour so sadly didn''t work for me...
15.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 11:33:35 AM
Author: Pandora II
David Austins roses are fabulous and smell amazing, but other than 4 particular ones, they have a very short vase life - out of water they will definitely droop by the end of the day.

The 4 grown for cutting are lovely, but they are pinks and a buttermilk colour so sadly didn''t work for me...
15.gif
Oh, good to know. I had no idea, other than that they''re gorgeous. I''m so sorry they didn''t work out for you. While I love all flowers, I have to admit, I''m not a really big pink girl myself.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a substitute for white peonies my florist is using Polo Roses from Ecuador. They have large heads and look peony like when open.

For the Op: As I mentioned I would be surprised if they couldn''t get your peonies for your wedding date. Very surprised.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 7:00:17 AM
Author: Laurie2
Thanks Lauren. I''m meeting with the florist today so I''m trying to go in with some ideas. Are you using peonies in your bouquet. If so what other flowers are you putting with it. Thanks so much
face1.gif

Yes, I am using peony''s in my bouquet. I found this picture and fell in love with it.

Peony Bouquet

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 12:22:43 PM
Author: Lauren1116
Yes, I am using peony''s in my bouquet. I found this picture and fell in love with it.

Peony Bouquet

I LOVE THAT!!!!
30.gif
it looks like cotton candy! too bad peonies won''t work for an out door wedding in georgia in october...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 12:53:45 PM
Author: doodle

Peony Bouquet

I LOVE THAT!!!!
30.gif
it looks like cotton candy! too bad peonies won''t work for an out door wedding in georgia in october...
Yeah. Doodle, what flowers are you doing?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another pic of red peonies. Love these too.

largeGYP_image 14.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Peony Bouquet
That link didn''t work for me.
15.gif

I LOVE peonies! They are still in season early July as well I assume if you are speaking of late June, right? I would love to have a peony bouquet someday for my future wedding.

I was just going to buy some Peonies from my local store and they were charging $10 for 3. I thought that was a little pricey. I thought I heard one time that peonies were cheaper than roses. Maybe that info was wrong.

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
This is the last you have to hear from me about flowers until I post pictures after the wedding, because I ordered my bouquet and his boutinierre today. I''m so excited. It will have creamy colored hydrangeas in the middle and 6 red roses around the edges. It will be hand tied with sheer ivory ribbon. I''m so excited. Thanks for letting me share.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds lovely Laurie, I can't wait for pics! Congrats!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add, that I also
30.gif
30.gif
peonies. I think I''ll be doing peony invitations! Hehe. Anyway, thank you for asking this question because I hadn''t even thought of that and since my date is an end of June date as well it is applicable to me as well (next year it is anyway)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results