shape
carat
color
clarity

PEONIES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hey All,

I have chosen my main flower at my wedding to be peonies .. I just love them and since my wedding is in June they are in season.

I want to use them for my centerpeices as well only I am having trouble finding some pictures online. I would preferabbly like to have a tall centerpeice.

I am hoping you guys can pass along any pics ... of bouquets and centerpeices .... with peonies in them.

Thank you SO much for your help in inspriring me :)

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Good choice!! I love peonies, they are so unbelievably romantic!!

I can''t help you with the tall centrepieces, but hopefully someone else can chime in.
2.gif

I''m sure Gypsy will come traipsing in with a million pics for you soon LOL

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for those links!!

I do have a question though, maybe you will know. One picture on a link showed the peonies very closed, so they looked almost like a ball. I was wondering if there is some way to make them open up and be in full bloom on the wedding day??

I heard that heat makes them open up is that correct??

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
I love peonies too! I think that they are a perfect wedding flower. Also, yes, I think that heat will force them to open up...they will also continue to open up throughout your wedding day if you choose to use them in your arrangements.

My centerpieces weren''t tall, but we did use peonies along with other flowers...here is a pic:

centerpiece102909.jpg

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
We also had a peony at each place setting:

flower102909.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also using peonies for my wedding. Try this link.

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
I also just LOVE peonies!! I''m also having them as my flower, but in July-I think we can get them from Canada or from some online websites since it''ll be past season for them, but I''m hell-bent on having them anyway :) I''ve also been searching for tall centerpice pictures with peonies, here is one idea. I''m not sure if any of those white flowers may be peonies or not? I know there''s roses mixed in too, but I like the tall vase and the shape of the arrangement of the flowers, I just want mine replaced with all pink peonies! If I find any other tall peony centerpieces or ones that look like they could be altered, I''ll definitely post them here!

wedding-centerpiece-elevated_led2.jpg

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto the others! Good choice! I''m a peony lover myself, hence the avatar pic. I plan to have the deep fuschia peonies as my main wedding flower. I''m sure they''ll make your wedding lovely!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also having peonies... in November (next month)!
36.gif

Here''s a picture of a tall peony centerpiece I found online:

peonytalld10.jpg

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a peony bouquet that I
30.gif
:

peonybouquetgws.JPG

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Ooh! Love those centerpices Inanna! Here is another one I found that you might like...I hate those boxes the vases are sitting on, but the vase and arrangement itself are gorgeous! You could always change the vase too if it''s too short or fat to a taller skinnier one!

peony-rose centerpice.jpg

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow LOVE those!!!
Your searching skills are far better then mine it seems lol
Those are great!!! Thanks so much.

Do you guys think a peony only centerpeice (like ChemGeek posted) or one with added greenery (like Inanna posted) is better??
Any takers ... I like how both look so just want some other opinions.

I''m getting excited now .... I am soo happy that peonies will be in season for me, I can use tons of them.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I had centerpieces made up of peonies, green roses and hydrangeas. They were low but we had 3 per table which really looked beautiful on our long rectangular tables. The best part was how nice they smelt - the whole restaurant smelled amazing! Peonies are VERY fragrant. I am partial to colored peonies like soft pink - but they didn''t work with my venue. I do also love the cream colored peonies at my wedding though - especially mixed with the soft green roses. We also had some smaller rectangular tables and my florist made an arrangement made up of 5 individual vases with one peony per vase (fully blown). It looked really nice as well.

wepricesopcasd222asds.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture with the 5 individual peony vases on the smaller tables.

wepricesopcasd232222asds.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Peonies are beautiful. I like the pics posted so far.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE peonies!!!! they are my favorite flower. i am having them shipped in from another country because they are not in season here in a few weeks
7.gif
. but i HAD to have them. yay!!!!!!!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a picture to share just wanted to chime in that peonies are a love of mine too, pair them with some pink and green ranunculus and I practically swoon.

pugsmomma

Rough_Rock
I''m with Cocolaw...I''m having Peonies shipped from New Zealand for my wedding in 3 weeks. My fiance''s mom was a florist who ran a very successful flower shop. Her favorite bouquet to make for a bride was a bouquet of hand tied peonies. She passed 11 years ago and from the moment we got engaged I knew I had to have Peonies in her honor. I don''t care about a single detail of my wedding other than having a hand tied bouquet of peonies and my gorgeous fiance. True story.

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Cocolaw & pugsmomma: Can you please share where you got the peonies? Is there a website that you ordered them from? And how much does it cost? Sorry for asking too many questions. I'm planning a September wedding but I LOVE peonies. I even thought of changing the date just because of it. I have no idea that you can get it shipped from somewhere else. Now there is a little bit of hope to have my favorite flower on my favorite wedding date.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Bibiloves - you can order peonies through Fifty Flowers. They're about $400+ per box of 100 depending on the time of year and type of peony. For September you have to call about availability.

I'm getting my peonies this month through a florist, who I'm sure is ordering the peonies from overseas. I thought her price was reasonable for the flower combinations I wanted and it was important to me that a professional handled the arrangements. I've heard peonies can be very difficult to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results