shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant Light help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
215454405_c209aba67c.jpg

Here is the kitchen. I need 3 lights over the bar directly in front of us in this pic. Which color would work best? The living room/dining room next door is a light olive green. Also, the cabinets now have sleek chrome handles. Here are the two I like but not sure on color. Thanks for your help
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
choice 1; I am sort of leaning toward this one.

p402-10-084_lg.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
choice 2. These are 7 inches by 4 inches so they are the perfect size. I was wondering if this color would fight w/the counters
33.gif

p402-33-084_lg.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful kitchen. I LOVE your countertops! I like #1 the best. I do think #2 would be a bit much. What about having recessed lighting installed?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have recessed in the kitchen except hubby wants pendants over the bar. These pendant lights have taken me 9 months to come up w/these. Thank you Miranda!

I am open to other suggestions too
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, I certainly like the ones you posted. I know nothing of lighting. Ours has recessed lighting all over so I only have to think about the occasional lamp or ceiling fan fixture.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the first ones out of those two.

I saw some in the new pottery barn catalog today that were really nice, but alas, they are not online yet. If you get the catalogs they are in the new "natural" catalog.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, you have a beautiful kitchen!! I looove your counter tops. I can''t wait for the day when we have nice counter tops LOL.

Out of the two you posted, I really like the first one the best. It''s more fresh and modern looking than the second one and I think it will brighten up the room more than the other one.

However, you might want to consider a funky color if you want the lights to *pop* in the room. Do you want them to pop or to blend into the room? If you want them to pop, I''d go for blue or red colors...but if you want them to blend I''d for for the top one you picked out or maybe something like this: http://www.eco-lights.com/4822/clemente_pendant.php.

If you want them to pop, I''d go for something like this maybe...but maybe it''s just a little too wild. Part of me thinks you need a little bit of color in your kitchen though. If not a light fixture, maybe some wall art or something with color: http://www.eco-lights.com/3044/oviform_medium_pendant.php, http://www.eco-lights.com/3046/oviform_wide_pendant.php,

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love your kitchen Skippy and the wonderful granite! I would choose the second one. The color is great and I think it would compliment your decor nicely. We remodeled our kitchen over a year ago and I ended up going with these clear neutral pendants and there is a larger matching one for the breakfast nook. You might consider a noncolor alternative too.

kitchenpends2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your kitchen Sundial!!! Beautiful!

thanks Miranda, Kcoursolle, Neatfreak and Sundial!!!
35.gif

Keep the suggestions coming friends
9.gif
It helps me a lot!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Such beautiful kitchens both of you have! We renovated our last kitchen with a similar bar, and put in drop stainless lights--neutral and appliance matching. The only thing is that dust tended to collect on them--kind of up-keepy.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 11:09:15 PM
Author: Sundial
I love your kitchen Skippy and the wonderful granite! I would choose the second one. The color is great and I think it would compliment your decor nicely. We remodeled our kitchen over a year ago and I ended up going with these clear neutral pendants and there is a larger matching one for the breakfast nook. You might consider a noncolor alternative too.
Sundial, your recessed ceiling is oh so pretty. Love the color.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Out of the two I like the first one best. But your kitchen is so monochrome. It would be nice to have something darker or some contrast.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 10:37:32 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Out of the two I like the first one best. But your kitchen is so monochrome. It would be nice to have something darker or some contrast.
The entrance next to the kitchen is red so I was thinking of putting a red window treatment. I will look at more lights. I like the ones Kcoursolle gave links to. Thanks E-Tacori.

Thanks for your input lady's
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I''m decorating-challenged as well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 7:16:03 PM
Author: Harriet
Sorry, I''m decorating-challenged as well.
15.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I love your kitchen and the counter tops are awesome. I like lamp 1 the best. Have fun decorating.

Sundail you have a great kitchen too.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hey SKIP,

Still LOVE that kitchen!! I remember when you first got it...it was WOW and it still is.

Can you post a more recent photo of the kitchen? I want to see what you have going on in way of decor or appliances or whatever before I vote on fixture.

Is there any other color that is prominent in the room? Is there one color or group of colors you want to add?

DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I just reviewed your original post...

"color would fight w/the counters"

I bet it is really exciting
emfist.gif
in your house!!

"Hey countertop...your momma wears combat boots..."
"OH yeah color...well at least I''m not thick as murky pea soup green!"

"Now Color!! And you too Countertops!! Don''t make me come back in there!!!"

DKS
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DKS your post cracked me up!!! Thanks for the compliments on my kitchen guys. There are so many choices out there for pendant lights these days. Please come back and tell us what you choose Skippy.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I vote color

chromeolivepend.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
^^^^

I like those too, or soemthing similar in gold/yellow/bronze. The pattern on the others is too much with the patterns of the marble. Beautiful kitchen!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I would go either red, or that first one. I wouldn''t do orange because I think it would compete with the brown. Red is a stronger color that would add a little punch of color to the room, and work well with your cabinets.

Here''s one: http://www.lumisource.com/?product=119

3X_clamp_asta[1].jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Will you be painting the room, or leaving it that color?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'll be the disenting vote and trust me I have the decorating gene, but I'd go with the 2nd pendant over the first. While neither is a bad choice, the first is too close to the wall and monochromatic, IMHO. The 2nd pendant seems to pick up the lovely warm colors of the granite and would be a nicer touch. Again Skippy, just my thoughts..........

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Can I change my vote? I like these but in a rich blue that would compilment the browns and the sage living room (which is open to the kitchen, right?)

though this is really beautiful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a good question. I might leave it because the entrance is red and the dining/living combo is pale green. I think accenting the window in red and pendants in red would be good. What color would you paint it???

Date: 7/16/2007 5:10:40 PM
Author: curiopotter
Will you be painting the room, or leaving it that color?

Thanks Rod and Mercoledi. I like the links to the the pendants you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results