shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
It seems like more and more, I''ve been getting pendants for gifts.
I wear the same two on one chain everyday. A guardian angel my mother gave me before I got married, and a cross with a sapphire in it that my deceased grand-mother gave me for confirmation.
It''s important for me to wear them no matter what (I guess it''s "safety" to me)
I even refuse to take them off for any kind of surgery, even my c-sections.
My question is, does anybody have any idea how I can wear them all on one chain without them getting tangled, or looking cheesy?
It seems that most of the time they sit in the jewelry box, but I don''t want to wear more than one chain since that can get really messy.
I have a total of about 7-10.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
wavey.gif

anniediamond

Rough_Rock
Andrea, Years ago I used to wear a chain with several charms/pendents. I separated them with little gold balls between each charm, made just for that purpose. I don't know if they still make these, but it would serve your need very well if they do. Maybe some of the experts in this forum can let you know where to get them. Best of luck!
--Annie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 5/14/2003 8:48:16 AM andrea wrote:

"It seems like more and more, I've been getting pendants for gifts.
It's important for me to wear them no matter what (I guess it's "safety" to me)
My question is, does anybody have any idea how I can wear them all on one chain without them getting tangled, or looking cheesy?
It seems that most of the time they sit in the jewelry box, but I don't want to wear more than one chain since that can get really messy.
I have a total of about 7-10."

My dear girl! You already have all the charms for your new charm bracelet! Most of us must acquire them slowly, over time! You, on the other hand, just need to have them soldered onto a bracelet! I am so glad you asked!!

The Charm Bracelet Queen :)

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
What a CHARMING idea
I'd have to concur
With AGBF....I'd listen to her!

That way - through the years
You can add more
That's exactly what the make
Charm bracelets for!
wink2.gif
wavey.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I'll check into the "gold seperators", otherwise that leaves me no other choice than to make a bracelet out of them.
I do have my eye on a few pendants that I would love to have, but no time to wear them, so.......maybe a charm bracelet is the best way to go.
Thanks for the ideas
3.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I have an idea!

When White Flash made my pendant/chain, they set 2 clasp rings in it so I could wear it at 2 different lengths. Wonder if a jeweler make you a chain like that. A bit of chain and then a ring for a charm, another bit of chain and another ring, and so on. Probably would be a heavier weight chain, but worth checking into. Then you'd have to figure how to place your pendants so they would lay/weight properly for best effect.

Just an idea for a "Charm Necklace".
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 5/15/2003 10:17:11 AM pqcollectibles wrote:

"When White Flash made my pendant/chain, they set 2 clasp rings in it so I could wear it at 2 different lengths. Wonder if a jeweler make you a chain like that. A bit of chain and then a ring for a charm, another bit of chain and another ring, and so on. Probably would be a heavier weight chain, but worth checking into. Then you'd have to figure how to place your pendants so they would lay/weight properly for best effect."

I am not sure that this would work if there were to be many charms on the necklace. A necklace like the one you describe would work for a few charms, but if you tried to attach a lot they wouldn't remain in place.

I agree with you, though, that Andrea shouldn't settle for a charm bracelet if she wants a necklace!!!

Aprile

Rough_Rock
Oh goodie Andrea! A woman after my own heart. I can totally relate to the not removing the necklace issue. I wear a Mizpah instead of a wedding ring & also refuse to remove for surgery (they had it pulled up over my ear & taped). I also wear several other pendants on the same chain & I did the gold ball thing. It works perfectly for me. However, I only have 4 pendants on the chain. I wear another one but I put it on a 20" rollo chain to reduce risk of tangling w/my "main" chain. So far so good.

aprile
2.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I've had the painful task of removing tape from my neck, and ring finger after surgery.
They're sure generous with it too
sick.gif

And I must say that it's not low residue either.
9.gif

Kind of off the subject, but what the heck.
I have to ask for kids band aids, or else it tears my skin, and the residue makes me itch.
What do they make the stuff out of any way. Super glue
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results