shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl earring repair question re. glue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I just had pearl earrings repaired at Tiffany they they have glue all over the back - you can''t see the glue when its on, but you can definitely see lots of glue on the pearls themselves. Is this normal?? I was surprised because when I bought them you couldn''t see any glue. Anyways I just wanted to know if this was the usual thing with pearl earring repair. Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No they did a sub par job, take them back and have them do it again. And show them to the manager.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
No actually its alot of glue - all around each pearl there is glue showing- also some got on the gold backs. I''m sure that I wouldn''t care if it was a little bit of glue peaking out on part of a pearl.

Is that human or sloppy?

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a little wave of glue surfing up my poor pearl on one spot.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
TURBO SLOPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definately unacceptable for Tiffany.

Quality control guy must need a seeing eye puppy!

Rockdoc

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the insight. I wasn''t sure and didn''t want to be super picky but it didn''t look like a professional job to me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 5:30:59 PM
Author: winternight
Thanks for the insight. I wasn''t sure and didn''t want to be super picky but it didn''t look like a professional job to me.
Well, you aren''t paying for amazingly higher quality stuff at Tiffany''s than you can find anywhere else, you are paying for name and customer service. So....since they would never SELL them in that condition, it shouldn''t be acceptable for them to ''repair and return'' them to you in that condition. Bring ''em back and show a manager.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
How frustrating! I agree with the advice to return them to the store!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 5:08:33 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
shock
horror

There might be the possability of a very small amount of glue visible right at the edge of the cup with a we glued pearl stud.
It shouldn''t.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results