shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl earring fell out?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I went to put on my Tiffany & Co. pearl earrings today and one fell out (the pearl fell out of the gold backing)?! I''m so upset - I''ve had them for less than a year (or two at the most) and they broke. It looks like it can be glued back in but is this a defect, should I demand a new pair? I thought this was a lifetime purchase - even beyond, like I could give them to my daughter (if I had one). I asked when I bought them and again and recieved no special care instructions, other than the expected no perfume, etc.

I love the color on these earrings but I''m wondering about the quality.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 1:07:38 PM
Author:winternight
I went to put on my Tiffany & Co. pearl earrings today and one fell out (the pearl fell out of the gold backing)?! I''m so upset - I''ve had them for less than a year (or two at the most) and they broke. It looks like it can be glued back in but is this a defect, should I demand a new pair? I thought this was a lifetime purchase - even beyond, like I could give them to my daughter (if I had one). I asked when I bought them and again and recieved no special care instructions, other than the expected no perfume, etc.

I love the color on these earrings but I''m wondering about the quality.

I think that most pearls are semi-drilled- w/ a little post that goes into the hole and glued together. I had pearl leverback drops that came apart like this, but they weren''t from Tiff.

I would take them back to the store and the should be able to either fix it or give you a replacement.

Do you ever shower or swim with them?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes have them fix them. So sorry this happened to you.

P.S. It's not the quality of the pearls it's the quality of the glue or drilling. The pearls could be the best quality ever and this could still happen. So if you love those pearls make sure you love any they try to give you as a replacement.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glue is glue.

Tiffany do not have a secret glue that is better because they are Tiffany.

Showering in very hot water can break down the glue.
Or the gluer may not have put enough on.

Simple problem
let them fix it - and I am sure if it happens again one day they will fix or even replace the pearl - heaven knows they have a margin that allows them to guarantee stuff

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I never showered or anything with them on - I always followed the last thing to put on, first thing to take off rule with them. Good to know its not a big deal - still for their prices...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They will fix them for free I believe. Or perhaps they will give you a new pair. One thing they are great at is customer service, just speaking from my own personal experience. Good luck, let us know what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results