shape
carat
color
clarity

Peanut Butter Recalled Over Salmonella

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I figured I''d post this in case there are some of you that haven''t heard about it yet. We actually had a couple of jars included in the recall- one 3/4 eaten (yuck)
14.gif
:

Peanut Butter Recalled Over Salmonella

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Kerbear,

I was in our breakroom making a quick peanut butter sandwhich when one of the docs came in and asked me to read off the serial number on the top...

And yup, it was 2111.... I REALLY wanted that sandwhich
11.gif
... looked harmless!
32.gif

Now we just have to check the ones at home!

Aurelia

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info...gotta check when I get home. I hope it's not Peter Pan peanut butter anyway, that would make it easier!! (ETA: I mean I hope I don't have Peter Pan at home...)

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
BOTH jars of our peanut butter were half gone, and BOTH had the 2111 code on them
32.gif
Threw them out!

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
FireGoddess --

It IS PETER PAN as well as the GREAT VALUE brand from WALMART

hope this helps

Aurelia

ETA: TO GET A REFUND: consumers should send lids and their names and addresses to
ConAgra Foods
P.O. Box 57078
Irvine, CA 92619-7078
For more information, call (866) 344-6970.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 6:40:32 PM
Author: Aurelia
FireGoddess --

It IS PETER PAN as well as the GREAT VALUE brand from WALMART

hope this helps
Yes, what I wrote was totally confusing....I meant I hope I don''t have Peter Pan brand at home...and I don''t shop at Walmart so I know my PB isn''t Great Value brand.
1.gif

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
clearly the lack of peanut butter has already gone to my brain
41.gif
I can''t think anymore!

hope everyone is feeling well after thier PB fixes
11.gif

Aurelia

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ve got one jar from the recall 5/8th eaten. DF hasn''t been feeling well-- digestively-- for a while now too. He''s gonna have to go and get checked out now.

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy!

Sending you and your fiance a virtual dose of antibiotics... DIE SALMONELLA, DIE!
11.gif

Aurelia

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that what takes care of it? Gonna have to google clearly. ETA: He's got some Cipro at home, fortunately.

Salmonella information:

http://www.about-salmonella.com/page3.htm

ETA, again. Probably just stomach flu for DF. He hasn't had any of the PP in three weeks, not since I got him the organic natural peanut butter from Costco that he prefers. He's tossing the PP now. Whew!

Thank you Aurelia!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How the heck does salmonella get into peanut butter? It used to be associated with fresh foods (foods that were supposed to be kept fresh) that were left out in the heat for too long! Now it is growing in crops. Oh, wait! That was e.coli! Well, anyway, how is salmonella manifesting itself in peanut butter?

34.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh we threw ours out this morning. we had nearly eaten all of it already. we had some last night too.
conagra also does chicken and stuff. but, yeh, i wonder how it got into PB.
14.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, oh my, I hope your fi is ok!! Poor guy!

thank god I buy Jif!

Diver

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting this Kerbear we need to keep up with this kind of food info.

I was shocked when my husband told me about this. Wondering how the Sal. got into the PB and what we can do to protect ourselves from all these "bugs" getting into our food supply. We used to eat alot of fresh spinach. Then it started looking funny so we stopped eating it and they came out with the ecoli thing with it. Now I still don''t crave fresh spinach.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results