shape
carat
color
clarity

Paypal Returns

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I've never returned anything using Paypal before, but can someone explain to me how it works when you return a stone purchased through Paypal? Does the vendor do everything- or is there something I need to do as well? I returned a stone and have proof of delivery back to the vendor, but no changes on my Paypal account- so just checking if I'm supposed to do something (besides contacting the vendor) to make sure the charge is taken off.
thanks!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
When I returned a stone to Tan, he put through the credit to my PayPal account. I think the vendor has to do it -- if you don't see any action within a few days, then ask the vendor. I don't know how much time it takes to go through, might be a couple days. By "proof of return" I assume you mean proof of receipt at the vendor's? How long has it been?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think you have to contact Paypal (the resolution center) in order to initiate a refund? I could be mistaken.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
centralsquare|1313798512|2994632 said:
I think you have to contact Paypal (the resolution center) in order to initiate a refund? I could be mistaken.

Shouldn't have too unless the vendor is not responding or refunding at which point you can open a claim.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1313799718|2994648 said:
centralsquare|1313798512|2994632 said:

Shouldn't have too unless the vendor is not responding or refunding at which point you can open a claim.

the vendor should do this. I sold a book on EBAY and it was lost in route so I refunded the buyer via paypal very easily by clicking a few links. I would contact the vendor and inquire as it A. if they received the stone back, and B. when you should expect your refund. If you can't resolve it that way- then I would contact paypal to file a claim.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor should post your refund in Paypal. Then you'll have to go transfer it to your checking account / credit card or leave it there as a credit against any future charges. It does take a few days to process.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks, everyone!! I'm not really worried about the vendor not processing the return, but I wasn't sure how long it takes and what to do once it's processed. So, if I'm understanding correctly- once they post the credit to paypal then I still need to go to Paypal and transfer it to my credit card? It doesn't do this automatically as a credit on my charge card?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Check on the PayPal site -- I'm sure they have instructions on refunds, maybe in an FAQ section. I've only done that one return through them -- I bought another stone in the same billing period so the refund kind of got cancelled out by the new charge. It makes sense they would give you a choice as to whether you want to keep it as a credit or return it to your card.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually when a refund through paypal is given initiated from the seller, a notification from paypal to you will be issued. It takes a few days after a notification email. HOWEVER, if it is a purchased that you received within a week of your payment to the seller and then the seller refunds you, it does take much longer maybe even 7 days or slightly longer, because the funds must first clear from your account (buyer) to the seller (all the while money is like being floated by PAYPAL - Anyways, I've been on both sides frequently, You really should be able to see something on that single transaction that says "refund pending" or something like that, which means that the seller already initiated a refund, and its out of their account and in holding with PAYPAL as to clear first. Hope that helps! and whether you had funds in paypal and used that, it is return in the same fashion as how you paid so if you paid via credit card, and paypal trasaction said "refund" completed, it will take another couple of days to actually hit your cc or bank card.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results