shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave vs Knife Edge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Penny105

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I am fairly new to the forum (posted my first post last night in Rockytalk!) and now have a question regarding the setting. I am SO torn between pave and a simple Tiffany knife edge setting replica. I love the sparkle of pave, but don''t want a lot of upkeep. I also love the classic look of a Tiffany knife edge, but will I get bored with it?

I am attaching links to the two settings I am torn between and I would love to hear your opinion! I need to make a decision fairly soon and I keep going back and forth between the two. Which one should I get!!! Help please :)

1)Pave

2)Knife Edge

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Pavepavepavepave
9.gif

That''s what I want, anyway. In case you couldn''t tell!

Knife-edge rings are okay, too, just not my preference. I would have to say that I actually prefer a plainer metal band over knife-edge, actually.

Have you tried them on IRL? That may help you decide too.

PugLover

Rough_Rock
I also liked the look of both so I got both, a pave knife-edge. The pave goes about halfway around the band.

windowsill2.jpg

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I pick pave! How can you go wrong with more sparkle?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 11:45:50 AM
Author: PugLover
I also liked the look of both so I got both, a pave knife-edge. The pave goes about halfway around the band.

ditto 100% which is what e and i picked out (pave with knife edge)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I LOVE pave, I understand the upkeep issue, I dont want a high maintance ring either, so I vote for the knife edge solitare.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
My mom had a knife edge, and it irrited her fingers because it was too knifey. If that makes sense lol. Although pave may cause the same irritation on the fingers it rubs up against. I say, PAVE, its what I am praying for!

PAVE

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
If you want pave and if your lifestyle accommodates it, I say go for it. I could never get a pave ring for regular wear because it would be a disaster...I'm HARSH on my jewelry (unintentionally) and I know that I'd destroy a pave band immediately, so my ring is very plain. Pave doesn't just require more maintenance because it has more diamonds to get dirty, it also requires more delicate handling all around than a plain band does, and even if you treat it with kid gloves, you may still lose stones on occasion. Just something to keep in mind!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Pave is my personal preference. I think if the diamond is a bit on the smaller side (like mine will be) it could add a little bit more bling.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
me love PAVE!
3.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Pave, Pave, Pave!!!
31.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I was salivating over rings for a year on PS before I finally went in to try in person.
Never looked at knife edges once in photos.
When I first came to PS, I thought I wanted a shared prong set, with matching wedding band. Then after I saw a few handshots I decided they would be too blingy in real life (for me).
Then I decided I wanted a YG solitaire.
When I saw the knife edge in person, I was sold! it had never occurred to me until the moment I saw it in the flesh.
So I say have a look and try on IRL!

Penny105

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ladies!! I''m still very undecided though! haha. I''ll let you all know what I end up choosing...

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:03:12 PM
Author: LaraOnline
I was salivating over rings for a year on PS before I finally went in to try in person.

Never looked at knife edges once in photos.

When I first came to PS, I thought I wanted a shared prong set, with matching wedding band. Then after I saw a few handshots I decided they would be too blingy in real life (for me).

Then I decided I wanted a YG solitaire.

When I saw the knife edge in person, I was sold! it had never occurred to me until the moment I saw it in the flesh.

So I say have a look and try on IRL!

Ditto Lara, I had the intention of getting an entirely different setting and had no interest whatsoever in my setting looking at pictures of it online. But then I tried it on and loved it. So yes you should try several different styles and see what speaks to you.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 1:40:49 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 4/7/2009 11:45:50 AM
Author: PugLover

ditto 100% which is what e and i picked out (pave with knife edge)
Double ditto. Gorgeous ring, puglover!!!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:12:02 PM
Author: Penny105
Thanks Ladies!! I''m still very undecided though! haha. I''ll let you all know what I end up choosing...
Have you tried both styles (three if you could knife-edged pave) on your own hand, or only seen photos of them? Lots of times people may love a certain look, but for whatever reason, it just doesn''t look right on your own hand. You may be able to make this an easy decision if you try them on and one looks at home on your hand while the other doesn''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results