shape
carat
color
clarity

Patience is a virtue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beth07

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I''m new here but have been reading boards for a while now. I''m a lady, and I''m waiting, and patience is a virtue that has yet to be bestowed on me! I went shopping with him and found out exactly what I love on my hand. This was quite awhile ago and I''ve been on high-alert ever since! I can''t seem to relax and let him do his thing. I keep trying to remind myself that as much as I cannot wait for my one and only proposal, it''s his one and only too and I know he wants it to be perfect.

All you ladies out there waiting, how do you calm down and let him do his thing! I feel like a killjoy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Beth07,

I''m not a lady in waiting, I''m a newlywed, but here is my advice. Think about how you would want to reflect on this time a year after you are married, say when you''re reminiscing on your 1 year wedding anniversary. Do you want to look back and think: that was such a fun and exciting time in our lives! Or would you prefer to remember it as being a time of frustration? My guess is that most women would take the former over the latter. So just keep that in the back of your mind and every time you become the self described killjoy you think you are being remember that you will have wanted to make this a wonderful experience for both you and your partner and the best way to do so is to have a positive attitude, especially if you are in the position of knowing it is a matter of when he proposes, not if.

~K

Beth07

Rough_Rock
Kimberly -

You''re absolutely right. He and I have known from the very beginning that we were it for each other. I''m thankful we are so open that I know it''s only a matter of time. I guess I need a distraction that is as much fun as my anticipation! Thanks for the advice!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know how you feel. D and I are going to get our ring in July when we go to New York and Ive been through all sorts of emotions. At the moment Im very excited but very relaxed about the whole thing. Its a little over 5 and a half months till we go and although I have no patience Im trying not to concentrate on it as its still a little while away. If you can, try and relax. It will happen and hopefully it will happen for you soon. Has your boyfriend given you any sort of time line?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 12:13:25 PM
Author: Beth07
Kimberly -

You''re absolutely right. He and I have known from the very beginning that we were it for each other. I''m thankful we are so open that I know it''s only a matter of time. I guess I need a distraction that is as much fun as my anticipation! Thanks for the advice!
Seriously, throw yourself into an activity for a while. Take up scrapbooking, cooking, rollerblading, whatever, just amuse yourself and delight in your impending engagement. You''ll be so glad you did.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi Beth!

I have been sort of missing from this forum because I'm dealing with other issues that keep my mind far away from engagement right now, but I just wanted to say that Kimberly is absolutely right!.

Im a LIW too and I have receive such great advice, but the best one is to just start concentrating on something else. I found that although it is hard, it helps a LOT. I put my mind into "getting as healthy as I could"...so I went from browsing the Knot or looking for my dream weing location to browsing healthy cooking/living and fitness websites!.

Welcome, and I hope your stay is short and sweet!
4.gif

M~

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi mandarine~ good to hear from you, you have been quiet and we missed you! I''m not sure what else is going on, but I hope everything is ok!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 9:26:24 AM
Author: janinegirly
hi mandarine~ good to hear from you, you have been quiet and we missed you! I''m not sure what else is going on, but I hope everything is ok!!

Hi Janine! you''re so sweet! I miss you girls too....I''m just going through some rough times right now so my head is somewhere else at the moment
15.gif
. You can read about it in the Hangout Forum...

Beth, sorry for the thread-jack and welcome again!
M~

Beth07

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for the responses. Actually something has recently come up that I''ve volunteered for so it will start taking up a good chunk of my time thankfully.

Bee - Yes we have a time line, basically by the summer. He''s been doing a great deal of research recently and at first was sharing a lot of what he was finding with me but that has recently stopped and now he doesn''t want to talk about it at all, which since we talk about EVERYTHING with each other is making it hard for me. I''ve been wanting to tell my sister and best friend from my childhood about all these exciting developments, like us going shopping for stones and all but I have been following his lead with that and since I don''t believe he''s told anyone really, I''m not telling anyone. So here I am, joining you LIW so I can vent my engagement fever!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Hang in there Beth! If it helps, I actually felt more anxious in the early stages of waiting than I do now in the final stages. I second the hobby/activity route and would add... find one girlfriend you can trust to confind in who will be supportive. It was enormously helpful for me to have both the PS community and a girlfriend (I had 2-3 actually!) who I could talk to. If you think it isn''t too far down the road you can also start looking at ideas- I had a binder going a while ago and it is fun to gather all the info!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 10:34:32 AM
Author: Beth07
Wow, thanks for the responses. Actually something has recently come up that I''ve volunteered for so it will start taking up a good chunk of my time thankfully.

Bee - Yes we have a time line, basically by the summer. He''s been doing a great deal of research recently and at first was sharing a lot of what he was finding with me but that has recently stopped and now he doesn''t want to talk about it at all, which since we talk about EVERYTHING with each other is making it hard for me. I''ve been wanting to tell my sister and best friend from my childhood about all these exciting developments, like us going shopping for stones and all but I have been following his lead with that and since I don''t believe he''s told anyone really, I''m not telling anyone. So here I am, joining you LIW so I can vent my engagement fever!

It''ll fly by to the summer-at least I hope if will! Im doing the same and keeping quiet about it too. I want everyone to be suprised when I announce it. Although I made the mistake of saying it to my mother over a year ago and she still hasnt stopped talking about it

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have much advice, because it is equally stressful and difficult for me too! I really just try to trust that he will not make me wait too long, and come on pricescope as much as I can and enjoy looking at everyone else''s rings and share in everyone else''s joy.
4.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
After he said he had intentions of proposing in the near future it made me feel a whole lot better. I am more relaxed also in the final stages of waiting. Did you pick out the ring together?

It'' funny we were in the car w/ neighbors and she was making suggestions of where he would propose and her husband said leave them alone it''s none of your business! lol I laughed so hard!! They are too much, but they have a bottle of champagne waiting when he finally does. They are so sweet :)

Beth07

Rough_Rock
Mustangfan -

Yes we went shopping a few weeks ago because I wasn''t sure what would look best on my hand. We found a stone and setting we both loved and he put it on hold and has apparently gone back to speak more with the jeweler. After that I know nothing! What a tease!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Me too Beth,

I am cut off! I think it''s better this way though. Atleast he has the same taste as you!
I kept ruining it though, I liked something different each time and my boyfriend was ready to strangle me! lol
We ended up designing my ring together, but that is only involvement I have now. I saw the wax and even asked the jeweler to put the diamonds and sapphire in the wax (there was a lot of tiny diamonds and they kept falling every where on the jeweler!!) my boyfriend sighed and said I can''t believe you made her do that!!
Good thing I''m not as picky of how he presents it lol

Beth07

Rough_Rock
I''ve been told I cannot tell him any other style I like now so he has a focus hahahaha

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I remember drawing out like 3-4 styles for him, but having a favorite of like two. The the uncertainy was killing me to the point that I said, I really hoping that you pick this one, but you don''t have to... but you do, but you don''t! hahaha
Finally, when I said well I like this, but not this on the ring and I wished it had that. We ended up custom!
The jeweler was smart and said I''m not designing this ring without the presents of Stephanie in the room, she''s a very particular girl.. and I just don''t feel comfortable.... Well that solved that!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results