shape
carat
color
clarity

Path to engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nek

Rough_Rock
The GIA and OGI firetrace reports give quite different results for this jogia diamond. Now i will have to read up about these discrepancies!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 8:45:10 PM
Author: nek
Guys, I am starting to feel overwhelmed about buying a diamond.

No, no, don't be. Have you considered contacting Lesley at Brian Gavin? She could give you the kind of customer service that might be particularly helpful to you being new to this and living so far away and Brain Gavin's work is ... yum... so good quality, and I think he is a PS vendor. Also, I read your earlier posts and have you considered yellow gold? It's less common on PS but more common in Australia and I like it personally (see my avatar)-- I think it's very classic. I'd contact Lesley and see what she has to say about what they might be able to offer you. Just a suggestion.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 10:31:44 PM
The GIA and OGI firetrace reports give quite different results for this jogia diamond. Now i will have to read up about these discrepancies!
Slight difference in measurements are expected between machines. Also, for GIA measurements, tables are in increments of 1%, pavilion angles at 0.2degrees and crown angles at 0.5 degrees and these angles are the average of 8 different facets.

I think the Jogia stone has more information present thus a safer bet.

nek

Rough_Rock
ok, so should i go ahead and buy this diamond or can i do better?

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hi Nek, I am also an Aussie and my fiancee bought my lovely diamond and custom setting from Jogia last year and we couldnt have been happier with the result. I can confidently say that the quality of their work is fantastic and the stone is a real dazzler! We liked the fact that they have lots of info on the diamond including Ideal Scope images and all the crossfire diamond range are H&A''s. Also it was the most sensible option considering the exchange rate and the taxes involved in buying from the US.

If however, you cant see one of the crossfire diamonds that fits your needs you can get one called in from their stock list to view. I am no expert but I had a look and there is also another stone that I noticed from Jogia which may also be of interest- it is a little bigger 1.31 F VS1 which if the budget allows would be lovely too!!! Otherwise the stone you have selected is a really good option. BTW this stone also checks out pretty well with the HCA with a 1.2 score EX EX EX VG. http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=CXF4511

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jogia diamond looks like a good price to me. Take it for a test drive?

The following is quoted from Jogia''s page. Maybe you can use these options?
We can send our Crossfire diamonds to agents in either Sydney or Melbourne, allowing you to view our Crossfire diamonds with no obligation to buy. Of course, Perth customers can make an appointment in our showroom.
For clients in cities such as Brisbane and Adelaide, as well as regional areas, we offer a 30 day, no questions asked return policy on our Crossfire diamonds - we''ll even pay for the return freight and insurance, leaving you with no out-of-pocket expenses!

nek

Rough_Rock
Thankyou for your help guys,
the slightly bigger rock has some medium blue fluor would this have a negative effect on the appearance of the stone?
i will call jogia tomorrow and see if i can view that stone in sydney.
otherwise, if the experts think either stone is a good purchase i will do so :) exciting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2009 9:04:24 AM
Thankyou for your help guys,
the slightly bigger rock has some medium blue fluor would this have a negative effect on the appearance of the stone?
i will call jogia tomorrow and see if i can view that stone in sydney.
otherwise, if the experts think either stone is a good purchase i will do so :) exciting!
No. You might not even notice it that much. This page explains further

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fluor.asp

nek

Rough_Rock
great!

i guess i wouldn''t even be able to detect it? i don''t want my diamond too look like it is meant to be, for instance, a blue sapphire!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 9:07:42 AM
great!

i guess i wouldn''t even be able to detect it? i don''t want my diamond too look like it is meant to be, for instance, a blue sapphire!
Most likely you won''t even notice it unless you are in a dark room with only UV lightings. Good luck. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2009 9:07:42 AM
great!

Only under a blacklight would you notice it or in some sunlight you might notice a hint of blue, but we have some here with med blue fluorescent diamonds that never see it so I think you should be fine.

nek

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I narrowly missed out on the 1.3 F VS1 . Now only the 1.0 E VS2 is currently available. The GIA-cert indicates there is a small cloud when viewing the table. Is this significant? I can''t see it on the photo or video. I feel like this diamond is second rate compared to the one I missed out on. I want to get engaged but i would be happier with the diamond that is bigger, slightly less colourless and slightly better clarity!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi nek,

I''m so sorry you missed out! Hope u find something else soon!

Are you still looking in Jogia? I just bought a diamond from there recently and they are fantastic =) If you call Yogesh, he might be able to help you out.

Cindy

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/24/2009 11:17:17 PM
Hi all,

I narrowly missed out on the 1.3 F VS1 . Now only the 1.0 E VS2 is currently available. The GIA-cert indicates there is a small cloud when viewing the table. Is this significant? I can''t see it on the photo or video. I feel like this diamond is second rate compared to the one I missed out on. I want to get engaged but i would be happier with the diamond that is bigger, slightly less colourless and slightly better clarity!

I think you have exactly the right idea, your perfect rock just might not show up as quickly as you''d like. Go bigger and go down in color. Seriously--my diamond is a 1 ct K. It''s gorgeous and it''s an heirloom so I love it, but you better believe I would NOT be upset to have 1.3 or 1.4 cts on my finger and keep the lower color. That size would look great on a smallish finger (especially in a classic solitaire), and your lady will be absolutely thrilled.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2009 11:17:17 PM
Hi all,

Shouldn''t be, check with the vendor to be sure. If you aren''t sure though then wait a bit, the right one will turn up.

nek

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies guys,

How rare do you think super perfect cut H&A F VS1 1.3ish -ct diamonds are? I can''t see that many around!!

I don''t want to have to wait too long.... i want to give the ring sooner rather than later :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 5:45:39 AM
Thanks for the replies guys,

How rare do you think super perfect cut H&A F VS1 1.3ish -ct diamonds are? I can''t see that many around!!

I don''t want to have to wait too long.... i want to give the ring sooner rather than later :)
Not that rare.
28.gif

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5062/

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5924/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results