shape
carat
color
clarity

Pashminas on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone purchased one on Ebay? I''ve seen several sellers with really low prices... I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with them. I have a few pashmina-esque wraps but never purchased an actual pashmina because they always seem so expensive.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I've purchased pashminas from pashminas4u (I think that's the seller's name). They are incredibly soft and durable. I wear a pashmina/scarf almost everyday during the winter and I have not had any issues so far except for some slight colour desaturation on one of my plain coloured scarves. The shipping was prompt, the seller was very nice and I get compliments all the time on them!

ETA: I should also mention that the ones I purchased were 100% viscose.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 6:57:11 PM
Author: sammyj
I''ve purchased pashminas from pashminas4u (I think that''s the seller''s name). They are incredibly soft and durable. I wear a pashmina/scarf almost everyday during the winter and I have not had any issues so far except for some slight colour desaturation on one of my plain coloured scarves. The shipping was prompt, the seller was very nice and I get compliments all the time on them!

I looked up that seller and it looks like they no longer sell on ebay. hmmm. The ones I looked at were actual pashmina cashmere... just not sure about the quality.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:34:36 PM
Author: oobiecoo

I''ve purchased pashminas from pashminas4u (I think that''s the seller''s name). They are incredibly soft and durable. I wear a pashmina/scarf almost everyday during the winter and I have not had any issues so far except for some slight colour desaturation on one of my plain coloured scarves. The shipping was prompt, the seller was very nice and I get compliments all the time on them!

I looked up that seller and it looks like they no longer sell on ebay. hmmm. The ones I looked at were actual pashmina cashmere... just not sure about the quality.

When I went to China a few years ago these "cashmere" scarves were all over every market for about $1. They weren''t very soft. Just FYI.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Were they soft at all, Neatfreak?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I have and its really hit or miss I am afraid.
Just look at the feedback but honestly I think you need to see and ''feel'' them

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:34:36 PM

Oops. Sorry oobiecoo. The seller I purchased from was dedegera. FWIW, I love all 3 of the scarves I purchased from him and they''re all very soft to me. They''re not cashmere but they were well worth their money (though not a lot at all) and I''m just letting you know my experience with purchasing scarves from ebay.
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
With ebay I always err on the side of caution.

There are some things you''re okay buying on ebay because they are simply are what they are. Like, I''d feel comfortable buying a cell phone, or cool vase from a highly rated seller...but I stay away from things that could be a question of quality, such as UGGS, purses, or even a pashminas if you''re looking for a certain quality.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a couple of ebay ones. One my mother bought in ivory for the wedding and it was nice, she spent a good amount of time and money picking out one. I think she said that she''d paid $50 for it, about 4 years ago now. The others were just so-so, which is fine by me, I wear them as scarfs and have left several on trains over the years. I had great luck at TJMaxx and bought a black one and a red one there for $12.99 each a couple of years ago that are better than any of the ebay ones other than the ivory wedding one. I wouldn''t dare to lose the black one or red one, I''ve never found any as nice for that price since.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:50:33 PM
Were they soft at all, Neatfreak?

The "cashmere" ones didn''t feel like cashmere, but they weren''t scratchy. The fake pashminas are softer though than the bad cashmere ones!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought 50% pashmina shawls from a store that knows our family very well in Delhi (India) - these guys are Kashmiri, and they have their own farm and they're hand-woven and embroidered - so I'm getting them at the cheapest possible price. I bought each scarf for around 150$. Mind you, they weren't even 100% pashmina! So if you find a pashmina for less than 150$, then you're most certainly not getting the real deal.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I ordered one from an ebay seller in the US... I should have it in a couple of days. I guess I''m not so worried about it being completely authentic pashmina... I''d just like something soft that looks nice and isn''t made out of a synthetic material. Of course, if money were no option then I''d definitely go after the expensive ones. Hopefully this one I ordered will do the job for now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results