shape
carat
color
clarity

Party planning...please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! My DH is turning 40 next month, and I''m thinking of trying to throw together a party. So far, the idea is to have it at our house, and it will be catered with ''heavy appetizers" and wine... beyond that...i''m LOST!!

so...for all you party planners out there, please help!

first question...

a good place to order invites on-line?? i need to get on the ball with this!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tinyprint is great for invites. Same website as wedding paper divas. I have used them a few times and been very pleased. They can be done quickly too.

Good luck!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never used it, but vistaprint.com might be a good place for invites.

Kiley

Rough_Rock
I have used vistaprint.com and the invites were inexpensive and turned out great!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ll also throw in a vote for Vista Print. I used them for Save the Dates and they turned out great. Very very cheap too.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Decide on the guest list and price out the food and wine before you mail out the invites and spread the word. This is one of the common mistakes over in BWW (search: out of control guest list
6.gif
) and something that is easy to head off.

You can also pick up a theme that might make things easier to plan. You could center this around the music, go with a vineyard/wine tasting theme, relaxed retro, rock n roll, luau tropical, winter wonderland, autumn bounty harvest, etc. This helps keep whatever decorations, flowers or centerpieces you might want to add, as well as any music and the invitations consistent. Go to your local stationary store and flip through the non-wedding invitations and you''ll get some great ideas. Most of your guests will only have that info to go on when they build their expectations and get dressed for the party, so try to make it meet your concept as closely as possible.

Above all, be gracious and relaxed--that''s the best factor in producing a great party no matter what you do with all of these peripherals!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results