shape
carat
color
clarity

Parents Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
What''s everyone doing, if anything, for parents gifts? I''m considering a gift certificate from bnbfinder.com so they can go and stay at a bed and breakfast at some point.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I actually already gave my mom her main gift several months ago, I got her a very pretty blue topaz ring with a tiny little diamond halo around it. I couldn''t sit on that till the wedding, I''d be going nuts! So I gave it to her way early and figured that way she had longer to enjoy it. :) I wrote her a nice note in a card saying how even though I''m getting married soon and will be starting a family of my own, I''m still her baby girl (I''m the youngest of four), and I wanted her to have this ring to be able to look at and remember that.

What I''ll give her in addition to that I haven''t decided... maybe some earrings or a necklace to match? *shrug*

My dad is harder to figure something to get cause he hasn''t been in my life the past 5 or 6 years almost, so it might end up just being an album after the wedding.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I think we''re going to buy parent''s wedding albums from the photographer and/or wedding DVDs. Kind of corny/boring I know, but hey we''re not going to have much $$ left!
6.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of bnbfinder. I wish I had though before I got my parents their gift. I had originally wanted to do a B&B somewhere but wasn''t sure where. I ended up getting them tickets for a Boston Harbor dinner cruise. They''ve been before, but not in years, so I hope they like it just as much as they did back then. The first time they went was for their 25th (?)anniversary, and this time around, I booked the cruise for the night after their 38th anniversary.

For my FI''s parents, we ended up getting them a gift card to Omaha Steaks. They don''t go out much, and they rave all the time about the things they''ve gotten from there. This seemed like the one thing that would come in handy and they''d really like and appreciate.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
At a wedding my SO was in the bride and groom presented their parents with their presents and I loved the idea. They got each set of parents and each grandparent a digital picture frame. Each frame included a memory card that they gave to the photographer to have the wedding photos downloaded onto so they all ended up with the complete collection of wedding photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results