shape
carat
color
clarity

Parents and teen charged over party (This is the 2nd school to have this happen)

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sad that the parents were so stupid to allow it. Not to mention the drinking and drugs for underage. Now those two schools have gone back to remote learning.

If I was a parent there I would be livid with those parents that allowed this. Doesn't help the teenage suicide numbers either. Just as they were ready to go back to some normalcy...….

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not clicking onto the link as it would just upset me too much. People are behaving stupidly. Foolishly. Without care or concern for others. It is disgusting. Another reason I prefer animals over most people. No contest.

animalsoverpeople.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very recently, a young lad got fined 10k GBP for hosting a party attended by over 100 people, in my own town!

One of his parent posted in social media in his defense, providing his name was not revealed, as he was about to start college and the bad publicity could damage his future etc...

His parent(s) were away, and unbeknown to them (usual story), he organised a party and invited the allowable number of his friends. Unfortunately, some of the invitees bragged about it on social media, the usual story again, and gatecrashers arrived, and refused to leave when requested by the police.

Therefore, it was not entirely his fault, and they will fight against the fine, blah, blah, blah....

It just made me even angrier about the whole incident!

DK :roll2:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not clicking onto the link as it would just upset me too much. People are behaving stupidly. Foolishly. Without care or concern for others. It is disgusting. Another reason I prefer animals over most people. No contest.

animalsoverpeople.jpg

^ This! People are very thoughtless sometimes!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
F.O.O.L.I.S.H. the whole, entire lot of them. fools with little regard for themselves and others

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just flabbergasted that parents allowed drinking and drugs for underage kids not to mention 50 kids all together during this crisis.

I imagine parents who now can't go to work because their kids are staying home again instead of going to school are angry and I would be too.

Kids and parents, no respect anymore for anyone, sad.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just flabbergasted that parents allowed drinking and drugs for underage kids not to mention 50 kids all together during this crisis.

I imagine parents who now can't go to work because their kids are staying home again instead of going to school are angry and I would be too.

Kids and parents, no respect anymore for anyone, sad.

Why are you flabbergasted? This world is full of terrible parents

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i have become NUMB to the foolishness, awful irresponsible behavior and poor conduct. sometimes, my husband will start to discuss the latest headlines with me. And i swear, my mind "glasses over" and i gently remind him that I am "busy" on the forum being helpful ...

@autumngems i think you are shocked because you still care.

whereas, i am weary ...

Last edited:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems @housecat

i have become NUMB to the foolishness and awful irresponsible behavior and poor conduct. sometimes, my husband will discuss the latest headlines with me. And i swear, my mind "glasses over" and i gently remind him that I am "busy" on the forum being helpful ...

@autumngems i think you are shocked because you still care.

whereas, i am weary ...

I can't watch the news anymore, it only makes me angry.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
yes, i can't read the paper or watch the news anymore!! it's bad for my sanity and well being.

that is the main reason im back on the forum. i feel my time, mental and emotional well being are better spent here learning, helping, getting inspired, ooogling other people's jewels ...

you are an exceptionally caring person ... so "that" sort of stuff still bothers you ...

i've learned to tune it out the best i can.

my husband is the same way as you @autumngems , he will still get emotional, angry when he comes across something in the newspaper. i don't want to expend that kind of energy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not read this. I'm not going to read this.. If I do Imma have some really pissy things to say and sometimes, its best to not be that way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not read this. I'm not going to read this.. If I do Imma have some really pissy things to say and sometimes, its best to not be that way.

Yeah. Same. When I go on a rant of sorts due to the stupidity of humans my DH says I’m doing a Seinfeld/Larry David bit. Imagine if they were still producing new episodes. The richness and sheer magnitude of the material available due to the pandemic and other world (not to mention the USA Oy to the quantity of material) events. It boggles the mind. We’d have some funny (though tough to bear too) episodes to watch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results