shape
carat
color
clarity

parasols/umbrellas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry there is so much to read below... but I''d appreciate suggestions
1.gif

Since one of my BMs and I both burn pretty easily and my wedding is outdoors in July, I thought it might be nice to have parasols or umbrellas available to help keep the sun off of us between pictures, and I thought they''d be cute to have in a few pictures too.

My first question is... if you purchased parasols/umbrellas for your wedding, do you have a store you recommend (online is fine too)? I''d like to spend $10-15 each.

My second question... I have no idea what colors to get. The girls will be wearing light blue, but we''re also using light green, dark brown, champagne and ivory as accent colors. I''m afraid white might be too bright for pictures in the sun, but I don''t want it to look too busy or not be a good match. The colors can all be the same, all the girls the same and mine different, or all of them different.

If it helps, I''ll attach the colors below (dresses, tuxes, ties). The men are wearing light green ties with their tuxes... I tried to photoshop them in!

What do you think... any suggestions? :) Thanks in advance!

dressesandtuxes.JPG

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
If you''re in NY, Pearl River Mart has lots of parasols in a variety of colors and patterns.

I''ve never purchased from them online, so I can''t attest to the quality of their service...

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
You can also try the Paper Lantern Store. I would go with one of the lighter colours (i.e. not dark brown) or a patterned floral parasol that incorporates all colours.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
crap! PS ate my post!

anyway, I used them for my wedding, and I had cream ones for my BM (who wore pink dresses) and a pink parasol for me. worked out great. and, not sure where you live but I got them for under $10 each in San Francisco Chinatown - so if you live near any major city w/a chinatown, I highly recommend you take a look there!!

the natural color you posted looks rather dark to me - the ivory will look great - I took photos in a marble courtyard, a very bright day and the light parasols w/the light color background looked just fine.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 5:09:06 PM
Author: flopkins
crap! PS ate my post!

anyway, I used them for my wedding, and I had cream ones for my BM (who wore pink dresses) and a pink parasol for me. worked out great. and, not sure where you live but I got them for under $10 each in San Francisco Chinatown - so if you live near any major city w/a chinatown, I highly recommend you take a look there!!

the natural color you posted looks rather dark to me - the ivory will look great - I took photos in a marble courtyard, a very bright day and the light parasols w/the light color background looked just fine.
Chinatown is a great idea... maybe I''ll go and see what they have there! Thanks for letting me know about the ivory parasols too. I was concerned about the light reflecting, but if it looked okay in your pictures I''m sure it''ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results