shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Sapphire @ Finewater Gems

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm curious too.

I love the lab sapphires because they're so high on the Mohs scale (also inexpensive compared to mined sapphires of course and easier on the environment). I have three of his so far, two light pinks and a dark pink. But I am a little leery of the blue colors though, because I don't want something that just looks like blue topaz. That's probably a little snobby but yanno... :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in too!

I asked him back in May if he’s seen any other colors of lab sapphire with this type of microscopic inclusions. Sadly the answer was no.
I think it’s very interesting - wondering if it takes away from what I see as the ‘flat-ness’ of color that comes with lab gems.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious too.

I love the lab sapphires because they're so high on the Mohs scale (also inexpensive compared to mined sapphires of course and easier on the environment). I have three of his so far, two light pinks and a dark pink. But I am a little leery of the blue colors though, because I don't want something that just looks like blue topaz. That's probably a little snobby but yanno... :)

I simply can’t find this color from other vendors. It would be special and nice to have a harder and more budget friendly “paraiba” you know what I mean:)

I understand your consideration on blue colour. Just wanna mention there’s a lab cobalt spinel offered and sold recently. Guess he has more supply in that~

btw, how does your “dark pink” look like? Is it closer to magenta, purplish pink or something more reddish pink? I am curious on pink colour too!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
lol I came here because I thought "oh! someone bought one--I've been waiting to see how they look IRL". So suffice to say I feel the same and want to see pics!

Sorry for my misleading topic :roll:Will you consider doing the other way around? Getting one and post pics here for all of us:cool2:

Last edited:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in too!

I asked him back in May if he’s seen any other colors of lab sapphire with this type of microscopic inclusions. Sadly the answer was no.
I think it’s very interesting - wondering if it takes away from what I see as the ‘flat-ness’ of color that comes with lab gems.

I also want to know if I will see the flatness or beauty of lab gems. I am waiting for my first one, from Gene. Look forward to it^^

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'd call my dark pink lab sapphire magenta or purplish pink, not reddish. In certain conditions (which I'll have to pay more attention to since I couldn't get it to do so for these photos) it lights up to a bright, hot pink. It is about 5 carats (10mm). There's one like it on Gary's site now (the middle two photos below- sorry, the attachment function is doing strange things).

dark pink sapp1.jpg finewater1.jpeg finewater2.jpeg

Attachments

• dark pink sapp2.jpg
    dark pink sapp2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
please post pics!

Definitely will. I'd love to see a photo of your entire collection, it feels like your style = my style so I'd like to see what I should be interested in making next :P2

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
6F24D265-5B6A-42BE-876A-1EEB2BD1D9ED.jpeg
looks like he was able to get different color in this micro included dreamy material!
:love:

Also noted from his IG just now! This colour is equally beautiful with different flavours!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Also noted from his IG just now! This colour is equally beautiful with different flavours!

I can’t remember it Gary has mentioned what lab created method is used or not. May be it’s a flame fusion material, and colour varies on different part of the boule? I am not sure though.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I'd call my dark pink lab sapphire magenta or purplish pink, not reddish. In certain conditions (which I'll have to pay more attention to since I couldn't get it to do so for these photos) it lights up to a bright, hot pink. It is about 5 carats (10mm). There's one like it on Gary's site now (the middle two photos below- sorry, the attachment function is doing strange things).

Ooooh @seaurchin I love that color and I have a setting almost exactly like that that needs a 10mm stone.
I saw Gary’s hot pink 10mm stone but am stuck between that and the pale seafoam lab sapphire stone,
What is your opinion???
Delicate and feminine?
Or
Bold and beautiful?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here! It's 8mm. As much as I love it, I think my heart is set on finding a sugarloaf cab, so it might be on LT soon.
These are shot with the iphone on an overcast day. Also video:
IMG_1912.JPG IMG_1916.JPG IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1911.JPG IMG_1913.JPG

Oh my F’ing god, that is stunning!! :love::drool:

I‘m trying hard to convince myself I don’t need this but…do I? :think: :evil2:

Last edited:

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I know I know, I'll probably kick myself repeatedly for selling it, but I went on a bit of a buying spree retail therapy style and told myself I cannot keep them all. We'll see if I can stay true to that.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
It's here! It's 8mm. As much as I love it, I think my heart is set on finding a sugarloaf cab, so it might be on LT soon.
These are shot with the iphone on an overcast day. Also video:
IMG_1912.JPG IMG_1916.JPG IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1911.JPG IMG_1913.JPG

It’s so tempting! The colour looks quite vivid in the photo, is it the same colour intensity looking at it in person? And it looks slightly more green than blue~

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
It’s so tempting! The colour looks quite vivid in the photo, is it the same colour intensity looking at it in person? And it looks slightly more green than blue~

It really is that vivid and intense in real life, at least on cloudy overcast days which is when I took those shots, and all we've had since I've gotten the stone. It leans more green than blue to me in this lighting so far, between Garys photos and mine I think it's spot on.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
It really is that vivid and intense in real life, at least on cloudy overcast days which is when I took those shots, and all we've had since I've gotten the stone. It leans more green than blue to me in this lighting so far, between Garys photos and mine I think it's spot on.

Have to say once more it’s insanely beautiful! I wish to get one if I have more fund for a fun ring, but not able to as I just made another daily ring;)2

Double E

Brilliant_Rock

Hi @seaurchin, return to my question for your lab pink earlier~How do you think it’s similarity to natural hot pink sapphire or even Jedi spinel? I wonder if it has the glow that some hot pink sapphire do?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Hi @seaurchin, return to my question for your lab pink earlier~How do you think it’s similarity to natural hot pink sapphire or even Jedi spinel? I wonder if it has the glow that some hot pink sapphire do?

Sorry, I don't know how to answer that. I've never seen a hot pink sapphire or Jedi spinel in person.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I don't know how to answer that. I've never seen a hot pink sapphire or Jedi spinel in person.

No worries^^ So do I, not have that chance to look at really high quality gems often, the commercial stones which we can always see in the market are just…normal~
I just saw Gary compare this material with Jedi in his new gem section~So curious~

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
been fighting with myself on this one, whether to purchase or not
DBD3205C-9478-4740-8FD8-FE728A8B6140.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results