shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba for Duchess Kate

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
The Duchess of Cambridge is quite stylish in her wardrobe choices. However, IMHO, her choice of jewelry is not quite up to the standard of her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana. So far, my favorite look of her is when she wore the teal chiffon Jenny Packham gown with her hair up. I would have loved to have that gown for myself. It is so perfect to go with paraiba jewelry. I think Duchess Kate would have looked even more gorgeous had she worn paraiba as her jewelry to go with the gown. So I am playing 'dress up' with her. Below is how she would have looked with paraiba. I also made a collage to show some paraibas do look like the color of the Caribbean seas. The background picture is from Turks and Caicos.

kate_paraiba_0.jpg

paraiba__jennypackham.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved that dress on her. The color was beautiful.
If she doesn't want to wear some gorgeous paraiba tourmaline jewelry, you can feel free to send it on my way.. :naughty:

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to mention source of the paraiba jewelry shown in the collage - pear shaped earrings and oval ring from J. B. Star; pear shaped pendant from Joe Escobar Diamonds; cabochon octagon french cut ring and cushion french cut ring by Leon Mege.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no I don't like that at all! The jewellery and the dress are the same so everything just merges into one!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1442362182|3928189 said:
Oh no I don't like that at all! The jewellery and the dress are the same so everything just merges into one!

I won't diss the paraiba's because they are so lovely but I do agree with you.
Imagine how much a yellow or a pink would really pop.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
LD and elle7112: Thank you for your comments. Everyone has a different style. I guess I do not share yours. Since the paraibas are set in diamonds, they do not blend in. In fact, the color of the dress intensifies the color of the stones and makes them pop more. If matching your jewelry color with your clothing is not good, why did both Princess Diana and the Duchess of Cambridge both wore a blue dress on their engagement announcement? I thought it was because their engagement ring was a blue sapphire.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love it, looks elegant. I think white will also work well.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like it! Can't have too much of that beautiful ocean color.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Art Nouveau|1442387769|3928317 said:
LD and elle7112: Thank you for your comments. Everyone has a different style. I guess I do not share yours. Since the paraibas are set in diamonds, they do not blend in. In fact, the color of the dress intensifies the color of the stones and makes them pop more. If matching your jewelry color with your clothing is not good, why did both Princess Diana and the Duchess of Cambridge both wore a blue dress on their engagement announcement? I thought it was because their engagement ring was a blue sapphire.

I apologize. I did not intend to cause any problems. :oops:
I do like the color of the paraiba's with that gorgeous dress. It makes quite the beautiful statement. I do think the colors you put up would be very elegant. I was merely trying to say that if it was me (and I'm certainly not a style icon), I would have worn a little more color.
Maybe like Leon's new ring...

image_3858.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

:love: :love: :lickout: :clap:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Art Nouveau|1442387769|3928317 said:

Matching jewellery to clothes is fine but there comes a point if there's no contrasting colour that it all merges into one especially if all items are large and statement jewellery. If you look at the engagement photos of Princess Diana and Duchess of Cambridge, the ring was the star of the show only. In Kate's photos, she has a tiny (presumably) blue sapphire necklace and plain white gold earrings. Princess Diana had the ring only.

Paraiba, because of it's neon colour, can look cheap especially if too many large pieces are worn together (and I speak as a Paraiba wearer!). The ensemble you've posted, to me, dilutes the jewellery but that's a personal preference. if the jewellery is to be the star of the show then it shouldn't have competing clothes. For me, to make a statement, taking a tip out of Angelina Jolie's books isn't a bad thing. She once wore the most fabulous pear cut Emerald earrings but made them the star of the show by completing her look with a black dress. I remember the jewellery well but couldn't tell you what the dress looked like (other than it was black) and if you want the jewellery to be the star of the show then, for me, this is the way to do it. This is all personal taste and I apologise if I've upset you by disagreeing.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She could probably wear a burlap bag and look great in it, but I think it's overkill with the paraiba jewelry and the busy, flowing, "Greek Godess" dress. The color is just too powerful, and the material is just too busy to bring attention to jewelry. I like simple lines and dresses with over the top jewelry, like LD's example of Angelina Jolie in the plain black dress with giant emerald jewelry.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It beautifully done but being British the jewels are far too big, she wouldn't wear that. Only see state occasions and the Queen herself in that size of jewel as large tiara or maybe Camilla. So need to wait another 30 plus years for anything like this I would say. I am in the UK.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could see her with just the necklace but never the huge rings. Love paraiba though.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1442511571|3928879 said:
It beautifully done but being British the jewels are far too big, she wouldn't wear that. Only see state occasions and the Queen herself in that size of jewel as large tiara or maybe Camilla. So need to wait another 30 plus years for anything like this I would say. I am in the UK.

Me too! Maybe it's a Brit thing (and TL is an honorary Brit anyway)!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, fairytale princesses were always more grander and magical than real princesses. I mean Beatrice and Eugenie just seem to be dressed like ordinary people in smart clothes.

I would think that as Queen the neckline will rise too.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I see your point about the paraiba jewelry being over the top. I got carried away when I did the mock up. In real life, the jewelry are way smaller than how they look in the picture. More like the one below or even smaller.

kate_paraiba2s.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dress and I love the paraiba jewelry with it! I really like the first necklace posted with the dress. Thanks for the fun pics Art Nouveau, I admire Kate's fashion style and enjoy seeing pics of her.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the color and scale of the first necklace, too. I think it works well with the deep V of the neckline. Makes me think they should make paperdolls that are already dressed, but have cut-out jewelery to add / remove for PSers and their children. :love:

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17 and kgizo:
Thank you for your nice comments. I made up the pendant necklace in the first picture. The pendant is from Joe Escobar Diamonds. The necklace is from Mimi So's ZoZo collection. The picture is below. It has been sold. I like your idea of paper dolls with removable jewelry. I played with paper dolls when I was young and I used to paint clothes for them myself.

mimso_opal_necklace.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Swing Girl: Thank you for your nice comment. I hope you see this post. A GTG is being arranged for N Cal Pricescopers. The email we have for you does not work anymore. Please send me a message so we can let you know about the GTG. Thanks.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1442362182|3928189 said:

+1
Too much of one thing, even though it's a good thing.

Less is more, even for a duchess.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Off topic, the royals should have a paraiba crown and a spessarite one as well.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not keen on the all one colour palette look, sorry.

For a dress like that, I would raid her mother-in-law's jewellery box and borrow one of her lovely pearl chokers, like the one with a large pink stone centre piece; or her diamond serpent necklace, or wear just a very big white South Sea pendant.

And keep earrings simple with a pair of diamond studs or clusters.

That's just my personal taste and style.

DK :))

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow the color and the dress with the jewelry = :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results