shape
carat
color
clarity

Pantogar seems to be working for my hair loss

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been losing hair due to my thyroid problem (I have Hashimoto's) and so the doctor prescribed Pantogar. I take it twice or three times a day. I think the recommended dose is 3 times daily but I forget sometimes. I've been on it for a month now and my hair loss seems to have slowed down. Hurray!!
36.gif

The only so-called adverse effect I've noticed is that now I have more ...hmmm...armpit hair ..sorry, a bit TMI there!
1.gif

So, I'm quite hopeful that my thick hair will be restored. I'm also hoping that it'll help my lashes to grow a bit longer. I have horribly short eyelashes and have always wanted long curly ones.

Just wanted to share this and see if any other PS'ers have tried Pantogar and what's been your experience?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not on it, but do you know if it''s effective for people taking Coumadin (blood thinner)? I recently found out that I have DVT in my left calf and will be on Coumadin for at least six months. Unfortunately one of the side effects is hair loss - and I''ve got it. It''s not really bad but I''m "shedding'' more than I ever have
14.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If your Hashimoto's is being controlled by medication why are you still loosing your hair? What are you taking for your thyroid?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 1:33:31 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
I''m not on it, but do you know if it''s effective for people taking Coumadin (blood thinner)? I recently found out that I have DVT in my left calf and will be on Coumadin for at least six months. Unfortunately one of the side effects is hair loss - and I''ve got it. It''s not really bad but I''m ''shedding'' more than I ever have
14.gif
I''m not sure. Perhaps you can ask your DR? I''m sorry about yr DVT.

Another thing you could consider is Minoxidil. It''s a spray you put on yr hair. I''m also using that. Mine is called Regro 5% and the active ingredient is Minoxidil.

I''d do something about your hair loss sooner than later,even if it''s not too bad now. I started shedding hair abt a few years ago and didn''t pay much attention to it. It wasn''t til I was losing hundreds of hair a day and I mean my hair was literally everywhere, on the pillow, in the shower, on the bathroom floor, on the floor period that I started to ask Q''s about my hair loss. My hair is about half the thickness of what it used to be. I posted a Q about it here on PS and it was MC who suggested that I might have problems with my thyroid and true enough, that was the cause of it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 6:42:08 PM
Author: swingirl
If your Hashimoto's is being controlled by medication why are you still loosing your hair? What are you taking for your thyroid?
Hmmm..that's an excellennt point. I'm taking thyroxin and am on 12.5 micrograms a day. I was taking 25 but was a little over-active/ jumpy so my DR reduced the dosage. I've had regular blood tests and it seems all the indicators are within the right range, except for my antibodiies level which is still high (in the hundreds).

Does that all sound normal to you? Do you know if the hair loss should stop completely after taking the medication? I've been on mine for about a year now.

I will also definitely ask my endocrinologist about the continued hair loss. Thanks for raising this issue.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting...I''ll have to mention this to my Mom. She just noticed a couple of weeks ago that
her hair around her lower head (above neck) area had gotten really thin. I wonder if this could do
her some good. She has always been proud of her non-gray hair at the age of 68. Its sort of a dishwater
blond. Unfortunately, I take after my Dad and have a ton of gray (if it werent colored) hair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results