shape
carat
color
clarity

Pandemic fatigue or the new normal?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yennyfire my heart goes out to you and your DH and family. I am so sorry and hope he can find a good job very soon and that if necessary you can find one as well that will allow you guys to not touch your retirement funds. Sending good vibes and hugs your way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't call this a "new normal", because I consider it to be "temporary abnormal". I will be happy when things are back to normal, but in the meantime I try to be very thankful for all the positive things in my life and avoid the doom and gloom the news media seems to promote.

Yes. This exactly. It is not our new "normal" but our temporary "normal" and I hope and pray we will get back to our "normal" lives soon and I am thankful for all the good we do have right now. I count our blessings every single day and try to keep a positive attitude.

We can only control what we can control and we have to make the best of it. We can control how we feel about all that is happening and try to remain hopeful and upbeat while allowing ourselves to feel sad at what we are missing right now. But it is hopefully temporary and we can get back to seeing and hugging all our loved ones as soon as this is over. And all the rest that we hope to resume.

Also keeping the news media info to a minimum as they sensationalize everything. And make everything feel much more doom and gloom so yeah limiting that is helpful IMO.

Praying we all remain well and safe and sending PSers bucketloads of good health dust.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@yennyfire my heart goes out to you and your DH and family. I am so sorry and hope he can find a good job very soon and that if necessary you can find one as well that will allow you guys to not touch your retirement funds. Sending good vibes and hugs your way.

Thank you sweet Missy! Hope you and your equally sweet hubby are doing well!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We'll get through this somehow
best wishes your Dad stays healthy - That's the most important thing
there is a good job out there with our names on it - somehow we have to stay positive
I don't know how people with families are managing
Our cats are getting the cheap store brand wet food for breakfast and i feel a bit cra##y about it
It is kind of hard sometimes when other's seem to be living like 'nornal' and we are struggling but somehow we will come out of this stronger - we have to

Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds. Yes, health is the most important thing right now and we will all get through this (including your kitties). I’ve always been pretty frugal when it comes to shopping (buying what produce is on sale that week, stocking up and freezing meat when it’s on sale, etc), but what’s hardest for me (other than the general agony of uncertainty) is the fact that we are pretty close to having to tell our kids we can’t continue their extracurricular activities. Tutoring alone is $500 a month and that has to be a priority, as both kids need it. If I had a crystal ball and knew that one of us would have a good job in 3 months (or sooner), we could manage, but not knowing how much longer it will be, I feel like we have to cut everything other than mortgage and food out. :(sad

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We and most people I know are still being cautious and limiting outings. People are getting sick (a cousin, a colleague, etc) so while we’re tired of it all we’re still sticking close to home.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Missy, you must be our good luck charm because DH got a job offer today! We are so stinkin’ grateful! It’s been a long 3 months, and has tested us in ways we’ve never experienced before.

You need to spread your magical fairy dust all over the place....:razz:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you must be our good luck charm because DH got a job offer today! We are so stinkin’ grateful! It’s been a long 3 months, and has tested us in ways we’ve never experienced before.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!!! ❤️❤️❤️

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!!! ❤❤❤

Thanks Missy!! Sending you the world’s biggest virtual hug right now!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fantastic news!!! Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @yennyfire !!! It’s so good to see really happy news. You and your husband must feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. I’m so happy for you both.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @yennyfire !!! It’s so good to see really happy news. You and your husband must feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. I’m so happy for you both.

this x 1 billion

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you @Calliecake you nailed it! I almost don’t know what to do with myself, though I do think that both hubby and I will get a full nights sleep for the first time in 3 months!

@canuk-gal thank you! I hope that this is the beginning of positive things for all PSers struggling right now!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@yennyfire Yay! I’m so happy for both of you!
:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results