shape
carat
color
clarity

Painting a Field?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieldpainter

Rough_Rock
So I rented a 200-acre grass field and I planned on mowing/Painting the field with the marriage proposal, and flying over in a small plane. How big do you think the letters need to be to see them from 1000 feet?

Does anyone have any links to painting messages on fields big enough to see from the air?

Thanks for any help.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Well, I don''t really know from experience.

However, using geometry, a 30 ft. square viewed from 1000 ft. would look about the same size as a one-inch square viewed from 3 feet away.

I think you should definitely use paint if you want to be sure the writing is visible - the contrast will help a lot.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
wow.. now that is a great/daring/original idea.... i love, but want to see pictures afterwards and hear how you did it!

to go along with the last comment. if you made the letters 60 feet tall, that is a 3/4" letter from 12" away. which would make it easy to read to the common eye. but that is a lot of paint!!!

i would keep the message simple, like "marry me" not _____ (insert name) will you marry me? that would be too long.

could you fly lower than 1000''? will you be flying, or renting a plane?

wow... nice idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results