shape
carat
color
clarity

Paint color suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I would love some feedback and suggestions from you guys! We''re moving in a little over a month and plan on painting the dining area and maybe an accent wall in our living room. Right now our dining and living accent are a taupe-y color. I like it, but want to change it at least a tiny bit for our new place. I thought about a dusty sort of yellow which could work because we have a lot of yellow in the living room but then again, we have ALOT of yellow in the living room already. I thought of a gray with a bit of green in it but feel like it would clash with the warm browns of some of our furniture as well as the blue willow in the dining. I can make decisions for *other* people''s homes but have a hard time committing to things for my own.
So here is my criteria:
Must be a light/medium color
No orange
Needs to be muted, nothing bright
Same color for both living and dining

Here''s a sample of some of our colors and textures...

mock15243.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... that didn't work. Let me try again...

ETA: Success!

mock242.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
Hey, i have that same rug but with the orangy brown background for the center instead of the blue!

What about a blue color? I like Upward by Sherwin Williams. It''s on the lighter color scale and has a lot of gray in it. You could go one shade darker on the color swatch to get contrast with your neutral wall color.

When you say no orange, does this extend to coral colors with more of a reddish overtone or is all orange out? That color is in your rug as well and would be really pretty with the dark curtains and the light colored sofa.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
It looks like your stuff could live in my house! The yellow color that is in the pic is VERY similar to my walls. Mine is a shade lighter and a bit less peachy. I love how it compliments the pale furniture and darker wood and black items. I''ve used a lot of red because it really pops and looks vibrant without being too modern. My table is red, I have red drapes, and red pillows.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the same china. I love the Blue Willow pattern, don''t you? I think a nice medium khaki would look nice. Not so light as your couch, but not quite tan or greige. Maybe pick up one of the darker khaki tones in the rug?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!

April- That rug isn''t our exact one but the closest I could find to what we have so it doesn''t have any orangey tones. I agree that a coral sort of color would look nice BUT DH is anti-orange of any sort. The "Upward" could be a possibility though. Thanks!

Shiny- The only problem with red is that it is a killer to paint over and we will only be in this apartment for a couple of years most likely. Thanks for the suggestion though! Do you know the name of your wall color? Yellow may still be in the running if we find the right shade.

Hudson- I just started collecting the Blue Willow about a year ago and love it! I was never a fan when I was younger but for some reason these teacups at an antique store just jumped out at me so I''ve been slowly adding to my collection ever since. I''ve been looking at the Ralph Lauren paints and Muslin, Devonshire, Oatmeal, and Antique Bone have kind of jumped out at me but I also like some of the darker khaki sort of colors look nice too. Do you think a greenish khaki would clash with the blue willow?

I already have paint samples taped up all over the house but I think I''m going to go today and get some more
3.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of a soft yellow color (I've heard a lot of people like SW ivoire). I have a medium green-gray-taupe color in my living and dining and plan to paint over it. I don't think it's a good color for those areas because it doesn't seem to look that great on people's skin colors and it seems to suck the energy out of the room. If you go that way, I would go very light and maybe just stay in the putty colored neighborhood.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''d like a greenish khaki, more of a putty.

I inherited my grandmother''s BW set when she passed a few years ago. I wish I had more of an opportunity to use it, it''s so pretty.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
oobie~ My color is called Earth Yellow and it is from True Value. RE: the red- I don''t have it on a wall or anything, just accessories. Red would be killer to cover when you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results