shape
carat
color
clarity

PAGING SELKIE...............

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t heard from you for such a long time - you''ve been on my mind and wondering how all is going!

Stop by and let us now you''re out there and how things are coming along!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking about her last night... SELKIE, where are you???

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ya, Selkie, how are you?? How are wedding plans? How''s work, and the sailboat?
1.gif
I miss all you girls!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls! I just saw this, thanks for thinking of me. It feels nice to know I''ve been missed. I''m still lurking around, but haven''t been able to spend as much time on PS since things have really picked up work. I need to get a lot of things done really fast, since I have a new job starting in the beginning of March!!

Back in mid-Dec., I heard about an opening at an organization with which my lab collaborates, and decided to apply. I was worried about how my boss would react, but when I talked to him he was super supportive, and gave me a great recommendation. I heard back from them within three days of sending my resume, had an interview on Jan. 3, and the director called me that night to offer me the job. I''m so excited about it! It''s related to the marine research I do now, but is a more technical position using GIS (computer mapping programs) to analyze environmental data from all over SoCal. It''s a great step up, career-wise, and a nice upgrade in salary too (just in time for all those wedding bills to come due!) It means I''ll probably stay in Cali a little longer than I''d planned, but I''m fine with that.

Gotta run now, J''s waiting with a movie in the other room. I''ll be on more, soon. Especially because I need to say congratulations, Sunkist! I looked at all your gorgeous pics, but haven''t yet written anything in your thread.
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
YAY - glad all is well...and thanks the update. I wondered what had ever happened with the job thing, so that''s AWESOME! Congrats!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Major congrats on the new job! How exciting!!! I''m glad your boss was supportive so you got the best of both... new job and bridges still intact! Come back soon! We need to know how all your planning is going!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I really underestimated how helpful my boss would be. In addition to my own skills, part of the reason the new place was so interested in me was because they see it as strengthening the connection between them and my current boss, and vice versa. I''m not sure exactly what he said about me, but it was apparently pretty complimentary, and he''s not known for that particular aspect of his personality!

I have to talk to the new boss tomorrow to make sure I can take off the 2 weeks I wanted to for the wedding. It doesn''t seem like it''s going to be a big issue, but I just need to iron things out for sure.

I think I''m going to start a wedding planning thread of my own soon. It''s coming up on six months to go
32.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results