shape
carat
color
clarity

paging NewEnglandLady! Aruba for Labor Day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Hi! I read on a honeymoon thread that you often visit Aruba for Labor day weekend. My DF and I are this close to choosing it for our honeymoon after our Labor Day weekend wedding. Can you tell me about the weather? We are from Seattle and have had enough of the rain so we would love clear skies and sunshine.

Our other option is Riveria Maya, Mexico. It seems though that Aruba has better beaches and weather. I would love to hear about your Labor Day experiences though!

Thanks in advance!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Eternallyhis!

One reason we love Aruba over Labor Day is because it''s safe from hurricanes--Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are out of the hurricane belt, so it''s a safer bet to go there during the late summer/fall. A good friend of mine was engaged in Riviera Maya, however, and said she loved it. I haven''t been, so it''s hard for me to compare. While Aruba''s beaches are beautiful, it''s sort of like the East Coast version of Cabo--hotels, many chain restaurants, etc. while Riviera Maya''s beaches aren''t as picturesque, it seems like there is more native culture there.
My college roommate was married in Aruba and loved having her wedding there--the trade winds CAN be strong on the beach, but she was married at the Marriott, which is a little more protected. Whatever you decide will be fabulous and we can''t wait to hear about it!

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. It seems were going to go with Aruba! We can always go to the R.M. during their best season.

Do you recommend any certain places to go, activties or places to eat?

We will be staying in the Grand Occidental (my FMIL is giving us her time share to the hotels best room!
2.gif
).

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Sounds great! Congrats!!

Strangely enough we don''t do a ton of water sports, though it always looks like there are people out parasailing, waterskiing/tubing, etc. and having fun! We like to go 4-wheeling (on the dry side), horseback riding, go down to Baby Beach and EAT :) The Californial Lighthouse is a fabulous place to eat at sunset--very beautiful. I haven''t been in 2 years, but we liked the Flying Fishbone and I always have to go to Amazonia Churrascaria because I love churrascarias. I also love the fried Oreos at Smokey Joe''s. We''ve never been to a restaurant inside any of the resorts, but I''ve heard some are good.

You are going to have a fabulous time and you won''t have to worry about the weather at all!!! I have no doubt it will be beautiful! It''s always beautiful in Aruba :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results