shape
carat
color
clarity

paging missjaxson!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girl.
So I don''t want you to think I''m weird or a stalker so let me start with first things first.
I saw your post on someone else’s topic and your avatar (for some reason) looked rather "pinky" to me. And because I have a rose gold ering, whenever I see anyone else on the site with a rose gold ering... I HAVE to investigate!

So as i''m going back through your topics trying to find a photo of that beautiful ring of yours (which isn''t pink after all... silly me lol) when I see your thread about losing weight with PCOS.

I was diagnosed in 2006 and I am def. struggling with my weight and because of this, I have been pushing off going dress shopping. I have a good 20 lbs I''d like to lose (I lost 10 lbs in a couple of months in 2008 for prom... so I think I could do it again with the wedding a year away lol..). Anyway, I just wanted to see how your weight loss was going? What seems to be working for you? For whatever reason, I just am not getting the same results I had two years ago.
7.gif

How was dress shopping for you? Had you already met your weight loss goal or did you go shopping before that?

Anyone else with PCOS, feel free to jump in :)

Thanks!
-jaylex

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
lol you are too cute! Yes the ring does have a pinky look to it in the picture doesn't it? I think that might be a refection of my skin tone with the bright sunshine.

I have been struggling badly with my weight and I had put off dress shopping for a VERY long time until it got to the point where I figured it is either go now (not at my weight loss goal) or not have a dress at all. So I sucked it up and off to the salons I went, I did in fact find a dress but I made sure to get it in a size that can be altered down without sacrificing the shape. I am currently taking Metformin but the side effects never wear off and I am not sure how much longer I can tolerate it . I have been working out and eating properly but just cannot get the toned look that I am after. I am still battling it everyday but refuse to give up. I actually just tonight thought I might give the 30 day shred a try and see how that works when I incorporate it into my fitness regime. Of course I want to look gorgeous in my wedding dress but more than anything else I want to feel well and be healthy. I still have a ways to go so I am hoping I get there. It really is a lot of work, more than I could have ever imagined. Currently I am doing 60 mins of cardio a day (usually split up into 2 30 min sessions) and free weights, push ups, sit ups etc. I try to eat a lot of fiber and stay away from the fatty/sugary foods because not only are they bad for me but I become a ticking time bomb when I eat them and take Metformin. What do you usually do to help with the weight loss?

ETA: I would never think you are a stalker
2.gif
I am the same way. lol It is funny when something catches your eye and you have to start investigating through all of the threads/posts! lol
9.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
WHEN I can eat right and exercise regularly, I seem to have a pretty easy time toning up... but I don''t really lose the "weight".

My biggest problem right now is that I live with my parents.. who (besides driving me absolutly crazy) don''t really eat well... And my mom and stepdad bring on a whole different level of stress than they ever used to, and I don''t sleep well anymore (I''m lucky to get 5 or 6 hours on a good night)... which I''m sure is not helping my weight issue.
Plus, because they drive us (FI and I) so crazy, we are constantly going out to eat or w/e to "escape" the stress. Once again, I''m sure eating out 5 times a week doesn''t help.
But we are moving out at the end of next month so I really hope that will help with the weight issues. My stress will probably go down, and I''ll be doing the grocery shopping and cooking so FI and I will be able to eat healthy foods again. Yay! Plus the apartments that we are moving into has a pretty nice gym and a pool so I''ll be getting more exercise.

So that is part one of the weight loss lol. But besides that, we walk as often as possible.. and I jog on my days off. I''ve been trying to stop eating after 7, and eating breakfast in the mornings (which really does help, for some reason), and drinking nothing but water throughout the day.
Also, I''ve been taking Nioxin once a day after eating (generally after dinner). AND... I bought the Reebok easytones... and I LOVE THEM. I have always had a problem "toning" my legs.. they would just bulk up no matter what kind of exercises I do. But these really help. I can honestly say I''m pretty happy with my legs again... even if my stomach needs work. lol

What are the side affects of Metformin, if you don''t mind me asking? My doctor (who has PCOS) mentioned maybe putting me on it, but she didn''t yet.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t sleep well at night either and it really does seem to make it hard to lose the weight when I feel like I am starting my day off with no energy. I am also guilty of skipping breakfast although this last week I have been making an effort to have oatmeal every morning. The side effects of Metformin for me ( and for everybody it is different) are upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea (almost to an extreme) and horrendous gas pains. My soon to be SIL was on it and had not a single side effect to mention so that really goes to show how it affects different people. I am not sure if the Metformin is helping yet because I am still having anovulatory cycles but I also have a functioning micro-adenoma with hyper-prolactinemia so it could be my elevated prolactin levels contributing to this whole mess of things. The weather is finally getting nice where I live and so I am hoping that being able to get outside will also help in dropping some of this weight. It seems to want to stick to me like glue! lol SO FRUSTRATING!!
29.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 10:21:40 AM
Author: missjaxon
I don't sleep well at night either and it really does seem to make it hard to lose the weight when I feel like I am starting my day off with no energy. I am also guilty of skipping breakfast although this last week I have been making an effort to have oatmeal every morning. The side effects of Metformin for me ( and for everybody it is different) are upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea (almost to an extreme) and horrendous gas pains. My soon to be SIL was on it and had not a single side effect to mention so that really goes to show how it affects different people. I am not sure if the Metformin is helping yet because I am still having anovulatory cycles but I also have a functioning micro-adenoma with hyper-prolactinemia so it could be my elevated prolactin levels contributing to this whole mess of things. The weather is finally getting nice where I live and so I am hoping that being able to get outside will also help in dropping some of this weight. It seems to want to stick to me like glue! lol SO FRUSTRATING!!
29.gif
Wow.. you lost me there
23.gif
(too many medical words I don't understand in that highlighted part..
40.gif
).
I understand the glue thing... and the weather thing. I live in Ohio so it's only recently that I've been able to jog outside... and it's getting cold again!
32.gif

Those side effects do not sound fun
7.gif
. I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with that. Do you ever wonder "Why Me?" when dealing with PCOS-related side effects and stuff? I mean, I know it's pretty common.. and there could be WAY worse things... but it still sucks.
39.gif

Especially when people are used to you being thinner... when I told my FMIL about my diagnosis, she decided to tell fiance's best friend that it was "all in my head" and just an excuse for me to be a "fat ass" now. I def. wouldn't even say I'm really "overweight".. even tho I'd like to lose some "extra" if that makes any sense. But If I had to compare myself to her I guess i am a "fat ass" lol
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results