shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging MISCKA!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Miscka:

I hope you don''t mine me asking you a few questions about your post Mirena removal experience - I just feel like everything I am reading on-line is so confusing! I have two questions for you if you feel comfortable answering them:

1. Post removal did you bleed? If so, did you consider it your period or just your uterus adjusting to the removal of the IUD and was is it a heavy flow? (I ask if it was heavy because I am reading some real horror stories of women who claim they are gushing and almost hemmoraging. Sometimes though...I tend to wonder about the drama level of some people.)

2. If you did experience any bleeding after removal, did you continue to test for ovulation?

I had the Mirena removed on Tuesday. According to FF my fertile days began yesterday continuing towards a predicted O over the weekend. Last night, DH and I BDed for the first time as my CM seemed to synch up with all signs pointing towards an impending O. Today I began bleeding on CD13- nothing outrageously heavy. I do not think this is a period at all because it doesn''t seem likely that my cycle would change in 48 hours (although I suppose stranger things have happened). Just wondering if you had any post removal bleeding - I may start a second chart citing this as my period just in case though only being CD 13 has me convinced this is not at all a period.

Thanks!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hey KTF!! Totally dont mind, ask away
9.gif
Hopefully you find my answers useful.

1. I didn''t bleed at all when it was removed, I had a SUPER light period about 5 days after. However, TMI, but as my first "real" period (whole cycle with no Mirena) I feel like my flow is kind of scarily heavy. Not sure what that means, but oh well! I should mention that I am pretty sure I ovulated while I had the IUD, about a week before I had it taken out. I thought I was pg, which was scary.

2. I didn''t test for ovulation using OPKs or anything, but I started temping around CD2, a week after I had it removed.

What did you enter in FF to get it to tell you your fertile days? I hear you on the frustration, I hated having no clue where I was in my cycle after having no periods or anything for so long!

I did love the Mirena though, and I am getting another after we have this baby we are working on
2.gif

I would maybe start a new chart and temp. Did you bleed enough for a tampon? I had spotting and then 2 days of really really light bleeding that I counted as a period. If you temp you will see your O in a few weeks and that should help line you all up! GL!!!!!!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Miscka! Your answers were very helpful. Thank you for the warning about my first regular flow - I had a hunch the first full cycle will be interesting both because my body is adusting and because it''s been so long since I have had an actual flow.

The flow now is very light, not tampon worthy at all which is why I am almost positive it is not AF and is just my body making adjustments. Also, no other typical AF gifts like cramping, sore bbs etc. I''m going to continue to test with OPK''s just out of sheer curiosity - I would like to know if the removal threw my whole schedule off. Until I am able to pinpoint the big O I will maintain two charts - one logging this post removal flow as AF and my other "normal" chart.

On FF I am in the trial phase where I have all the VIP access - so in calendar view it places a green border around the days leading up to the date of anticipated O so I can BD and keep the swimmers hanging out. I believe once my VIP trial is over I will no longer have these features available to me. I find them so helpful that I may continue with the VIP membership. When I began using FF I already knew my cycle length as it was very regular; when I entered my cycle length FF predicted my window. I have so many oddities that make my chart funky (I am a restless sleeper, I sometimes sleep with my mouth open due to sinus congestion - both of which really throw my temps off at times) and I''m so hesitant to rely on the OPK tests as the gospel, it''s nice to see my window put right in front of me. I am cautiously optimistic that I will be back to my regularity by mid-summer. For now I will be dreading AF''s welcome home party - sounds like my body throws her a very big bash!

Oh and I too
30.gif
the mirena. It wasn''t even out yet before I was asking if I could get another after we are done with this journey!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results