shape
carat
color
clarity

***Paging Curlygirl or other NYC Mommies!***

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to start shopping for nursing bras (or at least get one) before the twins arrive. Heard some horror stories about the "Upper Breast Side," however they seem to know what they are doing when it comes to fitting you. I did hear that the owner is rude and they try and push a lot of other stuff on you to buy.

I've also heard some good things about Yummy Mummy and Boing Boing (in Park Slope).

Just wondering where you bought your nursing bra.

Thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to throw my two cents in for Bravada brand if you can find them. So comfy in those early times as they are underwire free! Good for latter months of pregnancy too.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
can't help you with where you should shop, but it's best to wait at least 7 days after the babies are born to buy nursing bras; your shape and size will change quite a bit.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
KimberlyH said:
can't help you with where you should shop, but it's best to wait at least 7 days after the babies are born to buy nursing bras; your shape and size will change quite a bit.

Oh yes!

I bought soft no-underwire bras when preggo because underwire got really uncomfortable, and then in the end they were fine when I nursed too.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies - I keep hearing (from friends and in my preperation for parenthood class) that I should have at least one on hand before the babies arrive and then buy more later. Is that true?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Don't know where you'd get it in NYC, but I love my Bravado original nursing bras. They're my favourites hands-down. Great for my Free.style hands-free pump to just clip on to. Cotton. Comfy day and night. Their online guide to sizing was pretty accurate, and there's a lot of leeway in how the cups fit too. I almost feel like I should have bought the smaller cup size, but the medium ones work for me too.
I agree that you should get 1-2 ahead of time, and wait till a week or two after birth when your milk's come in and the engorgement is gone to get fitted for more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results