shape
carat
color
clarity

paging BURK - re: corn allergy

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hey girl! (warning: TMI poo talk)
i have a question for you. this week has been rough for c. he has been almost inconsolable when he has to go to the bathroom - a clear 'im in pain' cry. he gets really red in the face and stiff as a board (almost seems to be holding it in). at first i thought he was just constipated, but then we found some really dark poo which we brought into the pedi and it tested positive for blood. we knew it wasn't from the end of the train (as that would be red) instead it's coming from futher up his GI tract. we were sent for some xrays and blood work yesterday to rule out an obstruction - (still waiting on the radiologist for the full review).
DH and i started to brainstorm last night on what could have brought this on. we had a similar issue/reaction when c was first born, and discovered he has a dairy/soy protein intolerance. but for the life of us, we can't figure out what he could have eaten to bring on these symptoms (if this is the case - fingers crossed it is!). we are very careful about the food he gets at home as well as at school. my first thought was that he might have eaten something at school that he wasn't supposed to - like yogurt melts or an 'illegal puff'. then i started thinking about what we had introduced in the past week.
included in that was some butternut squash and corn and i had been giving him baby tylenol for teething (which has corn syrup in it).
my question: did your kids have the same reaction to corn (i.e. blood in their stools)? or was it something milder? what do you use in lieu of baby tylenol to avoid the corn syrup? am i crazy to think it's corn?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results