shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging BooBearsMom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
Hi BBM,

In another thread you came across a jeweler having a liquidation sale. I am curious as to how you found out they were having a sale - do you live in the area or did you read about it?

Of course, I missed out on all the goodies but am glad I will get to see them on other PSers. Many years ago I happened upon a store going out of business (4 states away from me) with name brand designers and snatched up about 15 pieces. Ever since then I hate buying full price designer pieces and have had my eye out for liquidation sales. But...I haven''t come across one since.

I have done google searches for "going out of business" or "liquidation sales" etc but I only come up with law firms advertising their business in helping one go out of business or news stories that are really old.

Any one have ideas how we can know about liquidation sales as soon as they start? I am hoping for out of state ones since I am not impressed with the stores by me at all.

Thanks!

BooBearsMom

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:12:31 PM
Author:SparkleRx
Hi BBM,

In another thread you came across a jeweler having a liquidation sale. I am curious as to how you found out they were having a sale - do you live in the area or did you read about it?

Of course, I missed out on all the goodies but am glad I will get to see them on other PSers. Many years ago I happened upon a store going out of business (4 states away from me) with name brand designers and snatched up about 15 pieces. Ever since then I hate buying full price designer pieces and have had my eye out for liquidation sales. But...I haven''t come across one since.

I have done google searches for ''going out of business'' or ''liquidation sales'' etc but I only come up with law firms advertising their business in helping one go out of business or news stories that are really old.

Any one have ideas how we can know about liquidation sales as soon as they start? I am hoping for out of state ones since I am not impressed with the stores by me at all.

Thanks!

Hi SparkleRx! You know, it''s funny. I''m sick right now, so I don''t have the energy to do much housework and such, so I thought I''d pass the time online. For the heck of it, I did a Google search for "liquidation sale jewelry," and the J. Rake site appeared on the second page of results. That''s how it all started! I''m afraid I can''t answer your question about how to know when they start - luck, I guess? And Pricescope!
9.gif

Unfortunately, money is a bit tight right now, so I couldn''t take advantage of the great deals, but it''s exciting to see so many people getting such gorgeous stuff!

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
Thanks BBM,

I will just intermittently try various google searches and hope I come up lucky!

I am so glad you will be getting a gift from J Rake for sharing with us all - too bad I didn''t see the thread until too late
8.gif

I can''t wait to see what everyone got.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results