shape
carat
color
clarity

Packing help Aussies

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to Oz for most of April. We are doing a family wedding in Perth (I think it's fairly casual) followed by a week down in Margeret River region. That will be casual--going to beaches, hiking and visiting wineries.
Lady Elliot Island for 4-6 days (bathers, rash shirts and shorts) and a few days in Sydney.
I know it will be warm and early autumn.
I usually pack a capsule type wardrobe and take only one 24" bag.
Any suggestions?
I need to cover wedding clothing, beaches, big city and casual wear. Trying to cover everything from hiking/beaches to wedding/city clothes.
I have done 3 week trips covering Caribbean and Europe but am really trying to pack very carefully for this trip.
What 3 pairs of shoes would you take to cover all instances?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress shoes, nice sandals and walking shoes or boots. You can always buy a pair of flip flops (we call the thongs btw) for the beach for a few dollars.
April can be cool, so do pack something warmer ie long pants / a jacket.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we head north to the heat we buy beach towels when we get there and leave them (we try and find an animal shelter or something to donate them too, if we have time) as those suckers are heavy and take up so much room in bags! Your trip sounds lovely, Margaret River is stunning. We haven't been to Perth for years (we live about an hour from Melbourne) but I love it!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dress shoes, nice sandals and walking shoes or boots. You can always buy a pair of flip flops (we call the thongs btw) for the beach for a few dollars.
April can be cool, so do pack something warmer ie long pants / a jacket.

I think our definition of cool is a bit off with the rest of the world.

I'm in Melbourne which can be miserably cold sometimes, my dad moved here recently and says the one thing he hates is how cold it gets here.
Apparently Melbourne weather is most similar to Southern California, which is supposed to be a pretty warm place by US standards.

It hit 110 recently when I was on a farm recently. Quote the farmer;
'Mate, is it just me or is it a bit warm today?'

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m from Perth, a big welcome from sunny Western Australia! Autumn is my favourite season, warm sunny days and cooler evenings. Very pleasant weather for exploring and sight seeing. I might be a tad biased but our beaches, with soft white sand and pristine ware beautiful, but the water is quite cold for swimming.
Attire is very casual or dressy depending on the occasion. A light weight jacket or a wrap for the evening is a must as it gets quite chilly.
A comfortable pair of walking shoes, mid heel sandals and maybe a pair of ballet flats for smart casual wear is what I would suggest if you’re limiting yourself to 3 pairs of shoes.
I hope you enjoy your time here =)2.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all!
I have been to Perth (20 years ago!) and loved it-went to Cottesloe and Rottnest Island. This was December and it was HOT!
So a little unsure about April temps. Your suggestions help greatly.
Will be sure to plan for cooler weather.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The places you have listed can be both hot enough to still swim (like Lady Elliot) and cooler if it is raining or late afternoon and evenings (Margaret River) so pack for heat and mild cooler weather - light jackets or other similar items to cover it.

I agree with Jordy, our US PSers post how hot it can be in CA and other parts in the summer..... it's a lot hotter in many parts of Australia for 3 solid months of the year but luckily you will miss those months. On the flip side it gets a lot colder in many parts of the US.

A US warship was docked in the city I live during our winter (back in July) and the boys from it all went to the Gold Coast and were swimming in the ocean the middle of our winter. We were all thinking they are crazy and they were like hey, this is warm where we come from.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results