shape
carat
color
clarity

Pachelbel with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that guy can play can''t he. Thanks John!!!
1.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You know, thats really cool. I like''d it. I couldnt imagine having that version at my wedding ceremony (did the traditional version instead
28.gif
). His music reminds me of the all girl group
Bond. They do some nice stuff too. My husband loves to look at their cd pics. LOL

Judy
:)

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
LOL. Yeah not exactly ''dinner music,'' huh? My parents were both professional singers (classical). I rebelled and went the drummer route.

Judy - I love Bond. Is your husband familiar with The Corrs?

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
That was so cool!
Actually, I could see my FI wanting that version at our wedding ceremony- ha!
9.gif
Not likely to happen, though.
2.gif

Thanks for the cool post, John!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi John,

Yes, Virg loves the Corrs too. I think I have memorized their entire (last) cd. Go on, go on, leave me breathless. Course, good song to sing in bed too.
31.gif
17.gif

Judy
:)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JQ, interesting arrangement to say the least. Thanks.

Last time I played this piece was at a wedding. The arrangement I have in my music
library is for 3 flutes, Alto flute and Bass flute. Much more soothing to the ears, but boring
emsad.gif

compared to the guitar version
emwink.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2005 12:28:46 PM
Author:JohnQuixote
5 minutes long, if you have them.
Canon Rock

John,

The caption at right says something about a Japanese person playing a good song on a guitar. (More specifically, "Japanese playing great song on Guitar".) Who is this musician? Is he Japanese? I recently heard a song once on the radio and I had to hunt it down and buy it! It is, "Appalachian Shamisen" featuring Takeharu Kunimoto. Have you ever heard it? If not, you must!!

Deb

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! I think that was great! Now mind you, I love the truly classical version and played it at my wedding upteen years ago. I remember a smooth talking bf at one time say "gee, I would love to make love to this music" I obviously told him to take a hike and no -I didn''t marry him! But this is a nice perspective on the possibilities otherwise hidden in the original score.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
THAT is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
36.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
That was great! Thanks for sharing!
9.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehe, that rocks, I love it! Thanks John Q. :)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Good fun; thanks!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 10:23:01 PM
Author: AGBF

John,

The caption at right says something about a Japanese person playing a good song on a guitar. (More specifically, ''Japanese playing great song on Guitar''.) Who is this musician? Is he Japanese? I recently heard a song once on the radio and I had to hunt it down and buy it! It is, ''Appalachian Shamisen'' featuring Takeharu Kunimoto. Have you ever heard it? If not, you must!!

Deb
Hi Deb. I don''t know his name, it was forwarded by a musical friend. I have not heard that song, but am interested in anything that would be recommended by someone with whom I share ''Amahl & The Night Visitors!''
1.gif
Did you get it as a single or on a CD as a collection?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 11:31:42 PM
Author: MINE!!
THAT is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!
Hehehe. I think those may have been my exact words.

Thanks to everyone for giving comments. I bookmarked that link in both of my browsers.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I am speechless.

UNBELIEVABLE!

I am sitting here in awe. I loved it. Absolutely loved it. Would love to know more about this artist.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
That was awesome! I love that song and love finding allt he remixes to it. Thanks John!

Oh, and I''ll be walking down the aisle to it, not that version though
28.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
inspiring! that was awesome..thanks for sharing it
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2005 3:28:52 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Did you get it as a single or on a CD as a collection?

I worked for hours tracking down the CD, at first hearing that it was available only in Japan! I followed every lead and finally found it. I don't think the piece is available as a single! Once I had found the CD, I bought it immediately! It is put out by the Center for Appalachian Studies at East Tennessee State University!

If you ever call me on the phone again (as you keep saying you are going to), I will play it for you!

Deb

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 6:50:03 PM
Author: AGBF

I worked for hours tracking down the CD, at first hearing that it was available only in Japan! I followed every lead and finally found it. I don't think the piece is available as a single! Once I had found the CD, I bought it immediately! It is put out by the Center for Appalachian Studies at East Tennessee State University!

If you ever call me on the phone again (as you keep saying you are going to), I will play it for you!

Deb
Hey, if we held out for a bit longer we could celebrate the anniversary of me saying I'd call
37.gif

Serious regrets about that, friend. I've been very sparse in private contact w/ forum members for a long time - not b/c of you! I'll correct my 'catchin-up' with you soon.
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results