shape
carat
color
clarity

P&H in Toronto, Canada, AMAZING workmanship!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I noticed there are a few Canadians on board, searching for ring settings..or custom work here in Canada. I just received THE MOST equisite custom ring from this company in Toronto. P&H designs. A local jeweler sent my diamond to him, to have a setting made. I sent a few pics, and my request..and the ring came back beyond my expectations. I wanted a cushion shape halo setting (like one I had seen from Jack Kelege), for my round diamond (1.8 ish carat). They did an exceptional job..for around $2000, (CDN), in a very well made setting. They added a little personal touch to the under gallery (that I didn''t expect), but LOVE, making it original and unique. Nobody will have this same ring. I just wanted to give them a HUGE thumbs up..the prices are great, the service fabulous, and the end result , truly AMAZING!! I may post ring pics in the future. I know they don''t have a website with alot of info on it..but if you do a search for P&H designs, their contact info will come up. I was told by a few local jewelers that they use three custom design houses (all in Toronto), P&H seems to be their first choice, This company has been in business for awhile, (judging by the quality of their pieces..I can see why).
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 12:21:40 PM
Author:beau13
I noticed there are a few Canadians on board, searching for ring settings..or custom work here in Canada. I just received THE MOST equisite custom ring from this company in Toronto. P&H designs. A local jeweler sent my diamond to him, to have a setting made. I sent a few pics, and my request..and the ring came back beyond my expectations. I wanted a cushion shape halo setting (like one I had seen from Jack Kelege), for my round diamond (1.8 ish carat). They did an exceptional job..for around $2000, (CDN), in a very well made setting. They added a little personal touch to the under gallery (that I didn''t expect), but LOVE, making it original and unique. Nobody will have this same ring. I just wanted to give them a HUGE thumbs up..the prices are great, the service fabulous, and the end result , truly AMAZING!! I may post ring pics in the future. I know they don''t have a website with alot of info on it..but if you do a search for P&H designs, their contact info will come up. I was told by a few local jewelers that they use three custom design houses (all in Toronto), P&H seems to be their first choice, This company has been in business for awhile, (judging by the quality of their pieces..I can see why).
36.gif
It''s always good to get positive Canadian recommendations. Can we see some pictures?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Do they have a website by any chance?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Here is one pic that demonstrates the workmanship from an angle that allows you to see a bit of the undergallery, the milgrain edges, the high polish of the gold, and how thick the gold is. This is a very substantial ring (look and feel). Thumbs up for P&H Designs, I love my ring!! There is no website for this company, like I mentioned before, the jewelers here in Ontario, Canada, use them for alot of custom work. In my city, the jewelers don't take on custom work like this, they send it to P&H in Toronto (or Myerson's) another company often used for custom work.

halo B&W 1.jpg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!!
30.gif
Thank you for sharing (I saw your photos in SMTR thread too)!

What is the TCW of your side stones? Is your ring in white gold or platinum? Do you know roughly the % in price difference? Since you went through your local jeweler, do you know if customers can just contact them directly for a quote? Thanks in advance!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I will know the carat weight of my new setting, once the appraisal is done on it this week. I imagine it's approx. .50 ctw. I chose to go with white gold because I don't like platinum. (past experience). I don't have a clue what the difference in price would be. You can try the phone number listed for this company to see if you can get a quote from them. It was easier for me to have my jeweler ship the ring, worry about all that..insurance..etc. It shipped out on Friday, I had the wax sent to me on Tuesday , and it took 3 weeks from then to create the ring. It was around $2000 (well more like $1800 since I paid cash, and saved the tax!), through my jeweler, so maybe a bit less if you deal directly to P&H Design. Here is their phone number (416) 367-2870 (221 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario). Good luck!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again for the info!
5.gif
P&D''s location is a hop and a skip for me, so I''ll definitely try to contact them. Their turnaround time is amazing!

totoro_l

Rough_Rock
Hi beau13,

Thanks for the valuable information. I was one of the Canadians looking for diamond setting.

I wish I had known this company before I placed the order of a Tiffany replica setting from Excel Diamond. (Though I am confident that Excel would do a great setting). So do you think P&H Design is willing to get their hands on just setting the stone?

Thanks!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 6:33:31 PM
Author: iheartbora
Thank you again for the info!
5.gif
P&D''s location is a hop and a skip for me, so I''ll definitely try to contact them. Their turnaround time is amazing!
YES..this company is amazing! (turnaround, price, service, and quality / craftsmanship..they have it all!)
Totoro..it is too bad us Canadians have few vendors to deal with, right here on our own turf. I don''t think P&H will set the stone into a setting they didn''t create. I guess you aren''t sending the diamond to Excel? (I don''t blame you, I wouldn''t have been able to send my diamond across the border..I had a hard enough time sending it away to a different city). Do call them and ask however..I could be wrong. This thread should have a "sticky" on it..so fellow Canadians searching for a design house, can easilly find one. Although there are some fabulous vendors on this board, they are American. It''s nice to know there are a few great ones here in Canada as well. So..give P&H Designs (or Myerson''s Ltd.) a try, you won''t be sorry!!
30.gif

totoro_l

Rough_Rock
Hi beau13,

Thanks for your quick response. I am waiting for the order of the setting from Excel (less than a week away, as I was told today). Hopefully the quality of the ring is as advertised but again I need to find a local jeweller who is competent.

Just a head up.. For those looking to buy ring from Excel.. their web site order status is not able to give a decent update, IMHO, it does not give the customer a good assurance..especially when the economy is bad these days...

Mine is actually being manufactured but yet their order status shows "order received" since day one and it never gets changed. As their web site says 2 weeks production time for my setting, after a week I emailed them twice in two days and without any responses. Then today I called Barry and he said he is about to reply my email and I am intercepting him with my phone call.......

PS: I do not intend to send Excel a stone due to the complication of the border thing and Barry did advise me that the ring is 70% finish as the prongs need to be adjusted with a stone.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I hope you can find someone to set your diamond totoro...
I''m sure the setting from Excel will be lovely..but it is GREAT to have someone closer to home that offers great quailty pieces too!!
This is why I posted the info about P&H..to help others find the ring of their dreams without having to look south of the border and pay double (with the exchange, duties,etc). I would rather buy Canadian too!!
Good luck!!

mrb19992004

Rough_Rock

Try Allan Creates for original design hand wrought one of a kind custom work.

We are in Texas and dealing with him from Canada is easy.
We found he does very nice work.
You can see his work at www.ringlock.com

Here are pics of my rings

a080208.jpg

sherie163

Rough_Rock
Try Hung Phat on Dundas at Spadina to set diamonds in stones. He will let you watch.

sherie163

Rough_Rock
Oops, I meant he will let you watch while he sets the diamonds into your setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results