shape
carat
color
clarity

Oy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Hope all is well! I have been lurking but I am ready to post my own thread. BTW, I am number 74? (I think) on the LIW list... Good luck to all those ahead of me!!! :)

Sssssoooooooooooooo...

As with all LIW, I am SO ready to do the do!!! I was obsessed at least once a quarter (every three months) with engaging (play on words) my bf with "engagment talk". He was pretty good at listening and playing along...
24.gif

Timeout: Might I mention what partially influcened all this engagement talk is that we had two girls at my job last year that were engaged AND got married in 2005. So you can imagine what the talk of the day was at work for months on end
emotion-40.gif
lol One was married in May and the other in August (THE 100 DAYS of SUMMER). Crazy thing is those two girls left at the end of 2005... AND we just hired THEIR REPLACEMENTS and those two girls who are getting married THIS YEAR... OMG! What are the chances???
20.gif
:Timein

Well, I totally backed off the whole engagement thing recently because we went through a ruff patch in the past couple of months. However, in the past week we have rededicated ourselves to one another.
emsmile.gif

He said that he knows more than ever he wants to marry me.
36.gif
So over the weekend, we went window e-ring shopping. He told me that for our anniversary he wants to give me a promise ring as a sign of our rededication to each other. I was on cloud 9... (BTW: I lost my first promsie ring in his old house that we were never able to find
15.gif
)

At first, I thought I wanted a colored gem p-ring because I felt a diamond ring should be given only once as an engagment ring. Of course anniversarys and momentous times after the e-ring is given, one should give all the diamond rings their heart desires
28.gif
, just the first one should be for engagement only.
19.gif

Well on Sunday, we went to 2 more stores so I could look at stones that I like and we came across this gorgeous .7ct diamond solitare!! It was GORGEOUS!!! He told me he had been planning all along to get me a less than 1ct promise ring diamond solitare and when he could, he would get me an e-ring that is along the lines we both like; about 1.25-1.50ct.
2.gif
However because I was insistant that I get a gemstone instead, he was going to get that.

Well needless to say, I CHANGED MY MIND!!! Show me the DIAMOND BLING BLING!!! lol

So now I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for him to buy p-ring, for it to get here, to try it on, to show it off (hey I am being honest
37.gif
), etc. All day we''ve been on WF and BN (rooting for WF for p-ring and espically for E-RING)... It''s only Monday and our anniversary is next Thursday. Meaing 2 things, if he needs to get the ball rolling if it is to be here on time lol and secondly, THIS IS TORTURE!!!
14.gif

I told him this is the reason why I don''t want to be in on the E-ring process. The anticipation would kill me...
1.gif
I could not even eat breakfast or lunch today....
4.gif

How will I make it to next Thursday???

BTW...you all are the only ones I am telling this has happened and what is going to happen next week. Not one gf, family or friend know about this. I want them to be surpised and not expectant... just in case it doesn''t happen!
2.gif

Thanks for reading this and any advice to help the butterflies would be great...
9.gif

BD

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! A .7 carat promise ring? That''s SOME promise!! Congrats.
9.gif
9.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Does he have a brother?? haha jk. I have no avice, but one nice way of looking at it is that you know for a fact it''s what''s he''s planning. Lots of the rest of us have no clue or timeframe! Enjoy the anticipation (is that statement becoming trite or what??) Looking forward to pics of the p-ring
30.gif

jen

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...WOW! .7 carats is bigger than many erings. I agree with Fisher, that''s some promise. ;-)

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
wow...that is quite a size for a promise ring!
31.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, nice!! Can''t wait to see pics that you''re planning to post, right?!?
31.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Good morning ladies!
1.gif

Fisher: I agree, that is SOME p-ring!!! I must admit that when I heard him talk about a diamond that size, I greatly underestimated it. Then when I saw it on... WOW
23.gif
!!!

Sk8: Yes girl he has a brother and he''s single!!!
emotion-19.gif
You ready to commute to NY?
emwink.gif

Irish: TY gf!
emsmile.gif

Rose: I introduced him to this site last Friday and he was like, wait a sec... that some people''s E-ring!!! Let''s get something smaller...
20.gif
lol

Cind: I promise, no pun intended, to post pics of the e-ring!
3.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Alright girly...so when can we expect to see this beautiful promise?
28.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
ooo I Agree!! Post pics as soon as you can!!
30.gif

congrats and welcome
36.gif
36.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
PICS ARE HERE from WF and THE RING will be here 2NITE!!!
3.gif
OMG!!!! HAND PICS and SPECS 2MORROW
21.gif
:

WF Pring Pics.jpg

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beauty that''s for sure...so out of curiosity, what happens to the big promise when you get your even bigger ering?
2.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Irish thanks for the compliment!!! Interesting you asked, we actually did talk about that. At first I said it will be a rhring but then he said that he would like for me to hang it from a chain as a necklace.
emlove.gif
I agreed whole heartedly!!!
13.gif
I think that is a VERY nice look when people do that.
28.gif

What do you think?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow what a promise ring!! I think it would look lovely on a necklace when you get your engagement ring

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous...I love that setting. I''m a yg girl, but that''s what i''d like for my .5 carat ering!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice promise ring....just out of curiosity when do you imagine ya''ll getting engaged?

Congrats and enjoy your ring!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is one nice promise ring! Can't wait to see hand pictures.
36.gif
It's very similar to the p-ring I had.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
How did it go BlackDiamond? Do you have that beauty in your possession yet?

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
SPECS:

Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.780
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 61
Table: 56.4
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.94-5.96X3.63

b&w ring in whiteflash box (Small).jpg

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
A pic...

top view of ring 2 (Small).jpg

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Another pic...

On lap.jpg

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delay ladies... :) Been hectic since I got that STUNNER!!! :) Hope you enjoy the pics and I really hope to get some clearer shots soon... :)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! It is stunning! That''s QUITE the promise ring!

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Thanks Facet!!! It really is... I am still shocked... It is like a FIREBALL
18.gif
... I cannot stop looking at it and making him look at it... LIKE LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID??? lol
41.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZERS! Congrats girl!
31.gif

Just so you know, people WILL think that is an engagement ring! Nice......

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Here are some pics we took last month at a garden in CT when we went to see our appraiser... Hope you enjoy! :)

Ring Flower 1.jpg

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Another...

Ring Flower 2.jpg

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Ah yeah this one too...

Ring Flower 3.jpg

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Last one...
1.gif
I had told him about all of the ladies who have wonderous pics on flowers and how I would like some too. We happened to be at the right time and place with our camera, love that micro setting... So I just wanted to share a few. Thanks ladies... I know you are the only ones who truly understand! Oh... these are pics of the P-ring and not an E-ring...
3.gif

That would be a whole other thread if I got the E-ring...
41.gif

BD21

Ring Flower 4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results