shape
carat
color
clarity

Overwhelmed newbie - requests experts advice.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good pictures! :)

PS can sometimes be bad, in that it can cause doubt in the mind of those with diamonds they thought were beautiful, but it is also good, because it enables those people to buy stones with (more) optimal cutting :)

It might be the case that your current stone is a touch leaky under the table at some angles and in some lights, which might not be that visible until/unless it's side by side with a diamond with more optimal angles.

You could test the leakage by placing a brightly coloured piece of card behind the stone - that will enable any leakage to be more easily identified (because leakage means you can see the bright colour through the stone).

As ASETscope would enable assessment that was comparable to the images offered by the SuperIdeal vendors on here, but if you are already doubting your diamond and considering making an online purchase, it might not be a necessary expense!

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
If you choose to get a refund, will it be for the entire ring, or just for the center stone? [what comes to mind: this could have been a two carat solitaire]

Hi @AV_ the refund would be for the entire ring. Thanks for asking.

Reactions: AV_

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
@OoohShiny - can’t seem to quote you - but thanks will try the paper test for leakiness.

Yes - by now the seeds of doubt have been firmly planted in my head. I am a little disillusioned with the whole ring buying business and feel like a beautiful diamond may not be in the cards for me. However, it has been a wish of mine for many years to have one.....so armed with some knowledge now and possibly the help of the kind members here who so freely give their time I will start to look at better options. Its just a little daunting!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny - can’t seem to quote you - but thanks will try the paper test for leakiness.

Yes - by now the seeds of doubt have been firmly planted in my head. I am a little disillusioned with the whole ring buying business and feel like a beautiful diamond may not be in the cards for me. However, it has been a wish of mine for many years to have one.....so armed with some knowledge now and possibly the help of the kind members here who so freely give their time I will start to look at better options. Its just a little daunting!

Do not despair - we will help find you something that gives you no doubt! :))

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results