shape
carat
color
clarity

overly self-conscious pre-wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve never been one to be overly critical about my appearance, but now with less than two weeks before my wedding, little things about myself start to bother me, i think i look fat or my face isn''t clear enough or those teeny tiny wrinkles in between my eyebrows are really starting to show

my FI thinks i''m going crazy because he thinks i look great and i think i look terrible
7.gif
please tell me i''m not the only one
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, of COURSE you aren''t the only one!!

Heck, even now I look at wedding pictures and grimace at my arm jiggle! I was overly self-conscious and noticed little things that I didn''t usually care about, but it didn''t really undermine my excitement about the wedding! Just fueled some self-deprecating jokes between me and my photographer.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I can only imagine how nutso I''ll be pre-wedding, but I''m sure you do, and will, look beautiful!
And PS - I left you a message on my LIW thread!
35.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely aren't the only one!

FWIW: I'm certain you look fabu- try to go easy on yourself and do things that make you feel good-- get a facial, go for a long walk, etc.

Yesterday I was trying on my new "outfits" for an upcoming boudoir photo shoot and noticed some odd, awful, purple marks on my booty/thighs. I flipped thinking I had some serious skin rash. Too bad they were just STRETCH MARKS
6.gif
23.gif
32.gif
14.gif
It sounds lame, but I was devastated- I haven't gained or lost weight. I don't think my butt has grown- and they're visible when I wear undies or a bathing suit. I vented to FI the moment he walked through the door (not a great idea) and his response was, "Are you serious? What's the big deal?" Of course HE doesn't think it's a big deal because HE doesn't know I'm taking half-nude photos in two weeks. I'm hoping the purple color fades by then
40.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 12:27:37 PM
Author:ficklefaye
i''ve never been one to be overly critical about my appearance, but now with less than two weeks before my wedding, little things about myself start to bother me, i think i look fat or my face isn''t clear enough or those teeny tiny wrinkles in between my eyebrows are really starting to show

my FI thinks i''m going crazy because he thinks i look great and i think i look terrible
7.gif
please tell me i''m not the only one
3.gif

you aren''t the only one. i''ve been freaking out about my "back fat" which makes me eat even MORE crap i don''t need. grrrrr. i was talking with my cousin who basically was talking about how there are so many different pieces of the wedding that need to all work together on the same day. the stars and cosmos have to align perfectly to make sure you have no zits, have a great hair day, teeth whitened, eyebrows perfect- and that''s just you. that doesn''t go into weather, or all of the other people who make the day what it is! trust me- i''m not only worried about the wedding but wearing my bathing suit after the wedding....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t really that self-conscious but I did make sure to stay on top of my brows, nails, etc. more than usual. I think the good thing about me being a procrastinator is that I had so much last minute wedding stuff to do I didn''t have time to obsess! Plus I''m not super self-conscious usually so I think that helped.

On your wedding day you''ll be so excited that you probably won''t be worrying about how you look at all. Before the wedding ceremony I made sure my make up was as perfect as it could be and then I didn''t even reapply lipstick the rest of the night!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Lol. I got two pimples last week and am still freaking out about them. They''re well on the way to healing, but I''m so mad that I got them a week before the wedding! I hardly ever break out. So yeah, I know how you''re feeling
2.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh just be confident and no one will notice that you have miniscule wrinkles between your eyebrows dear
2.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
thank you everyone for sharing. i''m feeling a bit better because i''m improving with my beauty routine, i do admit i''ve been a bit lax with the moisturizing
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results