shape
carat
color
clarity

Overhearing strange things...

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
While walking home, I just overheard the strangest conversation in passing. A woman was talking on her celphone and said "Didn't you know we were having an affair and I was trying to end it?" :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

I couldn't help wondering who was on the other end of THAT conversation - hopefully not the guy she was SUPPOSED to be with!

That got me thinking, I can't be the only one who occasionally overhears the most bizarre things. What about you? What's the strangest thing you've heard in passing?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
oh dear :errrr:

you definitely aren't the only one who has heard interesting things in passing. On the bus from university there were two girls standing behind me. It seemed they had just gotten out of a philosophy or religion studies class of some type, talking normally. Then one of the girls spoke quite loudly, and was quite adamant about this particular point (referring to vast artwork on a particular religious figure) :naughty:

"I mean, come on people, he probably wasn't pale with a well groomed mane. Jesus was brown! Get over it!"

:lol: :lol:

I was trying so hard to keep from laughing that I missed the rest of that conversation.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've overheard some doozy's. It's so funny. I do not have a poker face either so you can totally see the WTF on my face.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The weirdest sentence I ever overheard, and I swear to god, I am not making this up ....

"and then she got the FORK stuck in her VAGINA!"

I still don't know what that was all about: if it was the punchline to a convoluted joke, if a friend had a terrible cucumber or garlic accident (recreational vs. medicinal), if it's further proof that we need to make health care for women more affordable, what.

Needless to say, though, I've never managed to forget the sentence.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Sounds like a conversation that probably didn't end well...

I didn't HEAR anything weird today but I was driving behind someone today who was smoking a cig with a glove on.

I thought, hmmm strange? :confused:

After every puff he took he had to "flick" the cig too! It was..umm...strange.

Who the heck knows with people?!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I still, after nearly 30 years, remember a couple having a detailed conversation, while commuting on the bus, about whether or not to start a family. The conversation got so involved/heated that she started to cry and then she started to sob. It was absolutely horrible to witness. Mind you this whole conversation took place while they were standing in the aisle, since the bus was so crowded. Wonder how that issue got resolved!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
DH and I were eating supper on our deck and saw a woman stroming down the street pushing a baby carriage. A man (likely her DH) was following her in the car and it looked like he was pleading with her. She said something like "you think I am the worst wife ever!" and used the c word in relation to herself :shock: - twice. I dunno but it was just sad and shocking to witness a couple having such a public argument.

They must have made up as a coupel of days later they were out walking the baby together.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh lord, actually, I'm usually the silently suffering listener sitting *with* the person saying godawful stuff. For example, my MIL (who is one of those purposefully loud people who likes everyone within about a mile's radius to overhear whatever bizarre thing she's got to say) telling us all about how she'd just smoked weed for the first time in years and how awesome it was blah blah blah while DH & I quietly tried to slink underneath the table in the restaurant.

Or, worse, my (married) BIL- who has his mom's way of yell-talking- telling DH & me about how he loves to play gay chicken with his male, underage, punk-kid assistant. "AND THEN YOU SET THE LIGHTER ON YOUR D*CK AND DARE EACH OTHER TO GRAB IT OFF!" Such a fabulous mealtime conversation at a restaurant :errrr: :errrr:

It's funny how the floor never opens up and swallows you no matter how much you wish it to!

(There is a reason we don't talk to DH's mom, and I wish we could avoid BIL more.)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
kas baby|1312327221|2982670 said:
"I mean, come on people, he probably wasn't pale with a well groomed mane. Jesus was brown! Get over it!"

BWAHAHAHA!
That is all kinds of win.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, I'm not alone. I thought my story was bizarre; not any more ;-)

Overhearing arguments makes me want to crawl under the floor but the celphone conversations are really weird. You can only hear one side of the conversation and then when you hear something strange, you tell yourself, I've got to be missing some context here.

Like what Circe overheard! Oh Jesus!

thing2of2, thanks for the link to that blog. Coincidentally, I live in New York so a lot of these hit home. I don't know whether I can link to one of them so I'll post the conversation here:

Tourist #1 to another stopping at subway entrance: Come on!
Tourist #2: Yeah, come on, Mary!
Tourist #3: Aunt Mary, you can mingle with the inhabitants.
Tourist #1: Mary, the mayor takes the subway.
Mary: Well, the mayor takes a private jet too, but you don't see me doing that either, do you?

Hah, tourists! My family are ALL like that. :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i heard a gal on her cell phone...WOW!! 9 inches?? hummm,wonder what she was refering to... :read:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA, I love you guys~ :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results