shape
carat
color
clarity

Overeaters Anonymous-anyone been to a meeting?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wondered if anyone has ever been to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting. I have been struggling with weight gain for decades (health is fine-I just eat way too much of bad foods for my level of energy). Wondered if it works or helps. Anyone?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. And one of my favorite stories is of a very normal size woman telling a bunch of us women (because it is often, although not always, women who frequent most of the meetings) of a newcomer entering one of our meetings and seeing a bunch of us sitting around a table reading our books. She was sure she was in the wrong room because we were all more or less a normal size and we were just reading out of our books! (In a church, of course. Since churches often rent us space.) She was sure she had wandered into some church ladies auxiliary instead of an Overeaters Anonymous meeting!

There are many meeting with people who are very overweight-very obese-and some who are very anorectic, too. We all have our struggles. But we feel that our weight is not our business. Keeping our abstinence (from whatever foods we need to abstain in order to be healthy) is our only business.

I hope that you find something good in the meetings. If not, they will do you no harm and you can walk away.

AGBF :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results