shape
carat
color
clarity

Ovals

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The adiamor stone looks like it could be pretty nice. Cant say anything about the other stone because we need pictures and images to be able to
evaluate. I'll take a look at BN to see if they have anything that looks good.

Edit...this was the only one that I thought might be worth a look. It does have strong blue fluorescence
so you would need to ask about that if interested.
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...DiamondDetails&action=newTab&catalogView=true

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about an Elyque oval from August Vintage?

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Cant say anything about the other stone because we need pictures and images to be able to evaluate.

Click on the video button of the B2C oval. The image is a sample, but it looks like the video is of the actual stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 what do you think of the fourmine stone I linked?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 what do you think of the fourmine stone I linked?

I still prefer the adaimor.

The stone below is a sample stone. I look for a wide area of nice facets that are returning light nicely (the blue area). We would like to see the
red areas lighting up as the stone turns at an angle but your videos are turning E/W and wont be able to show if these areas light up. I'm thinking
that they are not going to light up that well but this is typical of an oval (unless its a super ideal August Vintage stone).

Capture.PNG
This (below) is what we like to see when the stone turns at an angle. The facets pointing towards the long ends lighting up.
It is difficult to find stones that light up like this.
big area oval.PNG
You would like the facets designated by the red arrows to also light up. Unfortunately, these stones are usually shorter and fatter (most people are
looking for longer length).
marked oval.PNG

Hope that helps. You can also see if you can get aset images for the stones. Asets for ovals are not pretty but they can be just one more piece of data
to take into consideration. If you can get asets post please.

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 thanks for all the info!! I talked to Adiamor and they are unable to get an ASET on the stone. Do you think its safe to order and looks pretty good in the video? They put it on hold for me for 48 hours while I decide. The one you linked looks nice as well. The GIA report says additional clouds and pin points not shown and surface graining. Thoughts? Which stone looks better to you between the adiamor and the one you linked?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I still like the adiamor stone better. I can tell that the stone I posted does not have nice facets lighting up down towards the rounded ends. With
the stone you posted there is a chance that it does have some nice facets in that direction (just can tell from the way the video rotates).

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for an oval so I'm enjoying this thread!:appl:

mpain10

Rough_Rock

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 can you suggest any other stones? The adiamor stone was purchased by someone else.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one you just posted isnt bad. It doesnt have nice facets lighting up towards the rounded end but I'm having a hard time finding any that do.

Some of these are slightly over $3K. I'm not sure if Adiamor provides aset images.

https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/0.90-ct-E-VS2-Excellent-Cut-Oval-Diamond/D43058627
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/0.90-ct-F-VS2-Excellent-Cut-Oval-Diamond/D43191306
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/0.90-ct-E-SI1-Excellent-Cut-Oval-Diamond/D42919773 eye clean?
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/0.90-ct-F-SI1-Very-Good-Cut-Oval-Diamond/D43098913

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 thoughts on the one above? Is it too shallow?

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
I found another oval as well, uploaded video onto YouTube. I'm not sure how to link it. It's under Lindsay Jezek oval. Let me know what you all think. Thank you!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you request an aset for the b2c oval you posted above?

The one in the video is a typical oval imo. Nice facets are only - ok. It would not be for me.

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 B2C is going to check to see if they can get an ASET. He said it is overseas. He will let me know by tomorrow. What do you think of the stone? Thanks for your help!

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 here is the ASET and Idealscope they sent me for the stone.

Stock # 12455034 - ASET Image.jpg Stock # 12455034 - Ideal Scope Image.JPG

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 thoughts on the ASET and Idealscope above? Thanks!!

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
Ok so the original adiamor stone is available now, so not sure if I should purchase it or the B2Cstone above?? @tyty333? Or anyone else that can help?

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why don't you put the Adiamor stone on hold and request an ASET?

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@princessandthepear Adiamor cant get an ASET on that stone. B2C was able to send me the one above. What are your thoughts on that one?

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer the August Vintage oval that @whitewave listed followed by the Adiamor oval. The AV oval has patented cut that allows ovals to sparkle like round brilliant diamonds. You will not find a sparklier oval but you may lose a bit of size for the sparkle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results