shape
carat
color
clarity

Ovals & Skin Tone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
I was looking at a three stone oval & RB ring. The oval was the center stone, with a GIA report H, VS1.. good table, depth, ratio, 2.24 carets.. but... it had a yellow tint. When viewed from the side, the diamond was white. The jeweler and diamond cutter were stunned. They placed a loose oval and round diamond on my hand both having the same color,clarity, similiar stats, etc.. and the oval picked up a yellow tint from my hand.. Is this true with ovals ?? It was a very interesting afternoon.
confused.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/6/2003 9
6.gif
0:43 PM abbott wrote:

I was looking at a three stone oval & RB ring. The oval was the center stone, with a GIA report H, VS1.. good table, depth, ratio, 2.24 carets.. but... it had a yellow tint. When viewed from the side, the diamond was white. The jeweler and diamond cutter were stunned. They placed a loose oval and round diamond on my hand both having the same color,clarity, similiar stats, etc.. and the oval picked up a yellow tint from my hand.. Is this true with ovals ?? It was a very interesting afternoon.
confused.gif

----------------
That's really interesting. I don't see why skin tone wouldn't affect the appearance of a stone from certain angles. I have brown skin and I have a J-colored engagement ring that doesn't look tinted at all... until I remove it & put it near something white & look through the sides.

It could be my imagination though, so i'm not 100% sure.

I thought about getting an oval first but I'd read somewhere that the yellow tints are more apparent in oval and emerald shapes than others like round.

I'm sure someone knowledgeable here could help with your mystery.
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results